XTI Bridging mono using speakons

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beezball

Beezball
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

I have a problem here, I have an XTI 2000, running a a bass cabinet that only has two speakon inputs. so in order to run all 8 subs, I need to have two speakons running into it. I have been running in stereo, but I'm missing out on 400 watts that my cabinet is more than capable of handling. I have a quarter inch cable that changes into two xlr outputs plugged into the back of the XTI. then I have two speakons running out of the XTI into my cabinet, this way I'm running stereo but I could care less. What do I need to do to bridge this?

#2 Beezball

Beezball
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:30 AM

so is anyone gonna post

#3 Stephane

Stephane

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(Beezball @ Oct 18 2006, 09:30 AM)
so is anyone gonna post
View Post

so you want to bridge it???  look at page 13 in manual will explain how to. why 2 speakons into one cab?? the other speakon should be for daisy chain or i do not know bi-amp but if a dedicated sub i would be surprise . 8 subs for a single xti2000 alot of speakers.... unsure.gif

#4 Beezball

Beezball
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:22 PM

Well it's actually a bass guitar cabinet, kinda like the popular ampeg 8X10 cabinet.(except better)

#5 brylord

brylord
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Beezball @ Oct 19 2006, 12:22 AM)
Well it's actually a bass guitar cabinet, kinda like the popular ampeg 8X10 cabinet.(except better)
View Post

Open the cabinet, calculate the ohms based on the speakers.  With 8 speakers you'll probably have to do a series wiring job.  Connect the leads to speakon connector in the back.  Make sure that you aren't lower than 4 ohms.  Either wire the speakon cable for Bridge mono or take one end off and use the binding terminals.  The whole job is about 25 minutes.

A much more simple solution would be to use the DSP.  You can Y the input so both channels get the same input.  You won't get anymore power out of the amp running mono bridge.  For my XTI 4000, I run (2) 4 ohm subs on each channel.  Each side gets 1600w.  If I bridged it I'd get one output at 3200w.

#6 Beezball

Beezball
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:13 PM

Thanks, I'll try that out.