Problem with XTi2000 firmware update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 AudioFrog

AudioFrog
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:09 AM

Got my XTi2000 yesterday and I am now attempting to flash the firmware update. I was able to use CLoader to update the firmware but after the amp rebooted during the procedure, it did not return to the 'DSP OFF' display that the directions indicated it should. Instead, it displayed 'LO LINE' and CLoader was hung at Checking Serial number (or something like that) for over 10 minutes. I finally powered off/on the amp and it returns to 'DSP OFF' but I cannot get System Architect to see it thru Network Wizard nor can CLoader reflash it (it hangs). Maybe the flash suceeded but I cannot attach to the amp via SA to see. It is worrisome that the flash procedure did not finish like the instructions said they would. What do I do now to get SA to see it?

By the way: Cloader sees it as an XTi1000 instead of XTi2000 for some reason. Is this normal?

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

Are you using SA version 1.20?

Did you follow all the instructions and set up SA to be able and see USB for first time use?

What firmware version does the amplifer have in it?
Press and hold down the three front panel buttons. This will place the amp into a display mode were you can see the individual channel temps, power supply temp and the firmware version. You ca step through these windows by using the "Prev" and "Next" buttons
If it shows 1.1.0.15 you are updated to the latest firmware version.

As stated in the instructions once CLoader is used to update an amp to an SA version firmware CLoader can no longer be used for updates on that amp. From that point on further firmware updates will be done through SA.

"LoLine" indicates that the AC line voltage was below 108 volts- the minimum specified operating voltage for the amp

QUOTE(AudioFrog @ Sep 28 2006, 12:09 PM)
Got my XTi2000 yesterday and I am now attempting to flash the firmware update. I was able to use CLoader to update the firmware but after the amp rebooted during the procedure, it did not return to the 'DSP OFF' display that the directions indicated it should. Instead, it displayed 'LO LINE' and CLoader was hung at Checking Serial number (or something like that) for over 10 minutes. I finally powered off/on the amp and it returns to 'DSP OFF' but I cannot get System Architect to see it thru Network Wizard nor can CLoader reflash it (it hangs). Maybe the flash suceeded but I cannot attach to the amp via SA to see. It is worrisome that the flash procedure did not finish like the instructions said they would. What do I do now to get SA to see it?

By the way: Cloader sees it as an XTi1000 instead of XTi2000 for some reason. Is this normal?
View Post

#3 AudioFrog

AudioFrog
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

Thank you for the help. After I completed adding the Vendor ID 4624 to USB Devices the XTi2000 appeared in the Venue display. I confirmed that the firmware did indeed get updated.

Thanks again.  rolleyes.gif

#4 car54

car54
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:20 AM

both of my Xti-2000's went to lo-line after firmware update reboot, and the software never got to the serial number stage. I know I dont have a voltage problem, it must be somthing with the amps.

Both worked great after cycling the power and the firmware update worked fine.