ce 2000 faults

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chinacat460

chinacat460
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

Hi, I just bought a CE 2000.  I am driving a pair of carvin 822's on one channel and a pair of peavey 115 DL's on the other.  It performed flawlessly with this set up for several rehersals.  During the second set of the first gig I used it for, however, it began to fault when I would sing really loud.  The red lights would flash for a few seconds and then it would start working again.  This happened repeatedly even as I began adjusting the volume down.  I did not think that this amp would have a problem driving those speakers.  What do you think?

#2 eddies880

eddies880
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(chinacat460 @ Sep 13 2006, 10:19 PM)
Hi, I just bought a CE 2000.  I am driving a pair of carvin 822's on one channel and a pair of peavey 115 DL's on the other.  It performed flawlessly with this set up for several rehersals.  During the second set of the first gig I used it for, however, it began to fault when I would sing really loud.  The red lights would flash for a few seconds and then it would start working again.  This happened repeatedly even as I began adjusting the volume down.  I did not think that this amp would have a problem driving those speakers.  What do you think?
View Post

I had a similar problem with my 2000,after inspection of my cables,I found a short to ground at one of the ends.