8 replies to this topic

#1 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:58 PM

I am using a Crestron RACK2 processor to poll data from a bank of USP3 PIPs installed in MA5002VZ.  All USP3's have been upgraded to V1.10 firmware.  When I issue idGetState commands to retrieve BinaryControl or LevelControl data types, the USP3 responds as expected with a data reply.  However, when I use idGetSate to try to retrieve a LevelSensor value (i.e. Ch1 SLS Z Average Monitor (ID-088A) or Ch1 Thermal Headroom Monitor (ID-07E4)) I consistently receive no reply message whatsoever.  Are these GetState commands formatted differently for this data type request?  

Scott

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:00 PM

Scott-

I am working on getting an answer, as I have not yet done this myself yet.

-=Brad
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:26 PM

I have a strange addendum to my problem:
When I issue an idGetState command with two queries built into one message (Count=2) such as

Query Ch1 power state (ID=07D0)
Query Ch1 load impedance (ID=088A)

The formatted response only contains the power state data (BinaryControl).  The load impedance (LevelSensor) data request is apparently ignored.

#4 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:19 PM

I have exhausted all known variations of the idGetState command to retrieve LevelSensor values from three different USP3's installed in three MA5002VZ's running firmware "Feb 10, 2004".  Have you gotten any feedback from engineering or been able to test the problem on a local machine?

Scott

#5 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:52 AM

I will go and check with them to see what the status is.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#6 BillPlunkett

BillPlunkett
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:59 PM

When you mix sensors and controls in an idGetState request, you will receive two UDP datagrams in response:  one with the sensors and one with the controls.  Can you try waiting around a bit for a second datagram?

Bill

#7 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:10 AM

Bill,

I have sent these commands and waited for some time (a min or so) for a response without receiving any.  I am able to get responses from get state commands for anything dealing with controls but fail to get a response from a get state sensor request even after waiting.  

Perhaps its my command string I am sending the following string from the crestron unit to request a getstate from a level sensor (in this case channel 1 Z average):
4951 00000014 0007 0100 FA64 0000 0003 0001 088A

When I send this string I get no response.  Also of interest is the fact I will not get any error responses from the amplifier to the crestron if I send an incorrect code/ id object request.  I ONLY get a response from the amplifier for a getstate control request.  

Scott

#8 BillPlunkett

BillPlunkett
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:36 PM

I wrote a test program to send *exactly* the same string you did.  The result I see within a few tens of milliseconds is:  4951 0000 0016 0008 0100 0003 00B0 FA64 0001 088A 0108.  At the moment, I can't think what might be different in your setup.  

The only questions I can think to ask are:  
1 - your're sending to port 5600, right?
2- your PIP is at IQ address 3, right?  
3 - are there any routers/gateways involved, or are you on the same subnet as the PIP?

Bill

#9 CVice

CVice

Administrator

• Admin
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:36 AM

This topic moved from General to Troubleshooting.
Chris Vice
PR & Web Coordinator
Crown International