Com Tech 400 Static/Popping

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cid

cid
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:30 AM

I have a 10+ yo system of macrotech and comtech.  It has worked very well and reliably for most of it's life.  Recently, I am starting to have some problems.

I have a Comtech 400 amp with a PIP-DSP (pip2, IQ2) input card.  When this amp is on, there is static or popping that comes out of the speakers.  This is true when the input is muted and even when the input connectors are disconnected.

Does anyone know what this could be?  Is it a failing component?  Could it be a dirty card connector, maybe between the pip module and the amp?

I have not tried a different pip module.

Thanks, Pete

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

If you remove the PIP card does the noise go away?
If it does than the PIP DSP card may need serviced.

#3 Lou

Lou

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:29 AM

Are your IOC leds flashing?

#4 cid

cid
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

I'm away from the property where these are installed.

I do have several comtech amps and pip modules that I would like to have repaired and serviced.  What is the method for doing this?

Thanks, Pete

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(cid @ Oct 2 2006, 01:52 PM)
I'm away from the property where these are installed.

I do have several comtech amps and pip modules that I would like to have repaired and serviced.  What is the method for doing this?

Thanks, Pete
View Post

You will need to go on line to our website and create an SRA (Service Return Authorization) for the product(s). If they are still under warranty than you can call back to Crown Factory Service (1.800.342.6939 x8205) and have UPS Return Shipping Labels sent to you. Otherwise once you have the SRA for it/them send it/them in. smile.gif

#6 cid

cid
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

Thanks.  They are 10+ years old.  I am sure out of warranty, but I will send them in for repair.

Thanks, again, Pete