CE 1000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eddies880

eddies880
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

I recently played a gig (indoors) with a terrible lightening storm churning up the skys.
THe CE 1000 is used for stage monitors only,4 monitors total,2 per side,all rated at 8 ohms.
As I was sound cking,a couple of lightening strikes ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  hit some where close enough,,, to power the pa system on and off at a real fast rate.
The system never shut down.
Upon further sound cking,I noticed that the mains(ce2000) sounded great,but my monitors (ce1000) sounded like all the mids and highs were turned up at the monitor eq.
I had to cut the highs and mids to extreme lower levels to get a full sound on stage,we played the gig that way,with no problems.
When I brought the system home the next day,I started cken to see what the problems was,and I found out that if I turn the gain down on my monitor eq, I gained some of the fullness out of the monitors and was able to use the eq correctly again,without cutting the highs and mids.
Here,s my question:
Is it possible that the power surge form the lighting striked damaged my ce1000 in some way?,or could it be the eq it damaged?
Does the CE1000 have any protection from power spikes?
  There are no fault lights on after the amp is powered up.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:35 AM

Have you checked the EQs against a known good EQ to Verify if the EQs took the hit and are messed up?

If they check out ok then it could be that some devices were damaged or weekened by either an EMF pulse or by a current surge on the AC line. In this type of scenario there isn't much you can do. (Lightening will go were it wants to go sad.gif ) and You should probably have the amps looked at by a service center to find the exact issue.

#3 ronald

ronald
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Sep 7 2006, 10:35 AM)
Have you checked the EQs against a known good EQ to Verify if the EQs took the hit and are messed up?

If they check out ok then it could be that some devices were damaged or weekened by either an EMF pulse or by a current surge on the AC line. In this type of scenario there isn't much you can do. (Lightening will go were it wants to go sad.gif ) and You should probably have the amps looked at by a service center to find the exact issue.
View Post

hello ... can somebody help me to find schematics for crown series ce .... im from peru and here no there technical support ......and no there schematics .... if you know ... please help me !!!! ........thanks ..........dou you have msn !!!  unsure.gif

#4 ronald

ronald
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(ronald @ Nov 9 2006, 01:14 PM)

View Post

hello ... can somebody help me to find schematics for crown series ce .... im from peru and here no there technical support ......and no there schematics .... if you know ... please help me !!!! ........thanks ..........dou you have msn !!!  unsure.gif
View Post

is true there is a software for crown ce 4000 .... how i can use the fault jack of the same model..... because i have this model totally dead... thanks for ask my question.... smile.gif

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/133472.pdf
QUOTE(ronald @ Nov 9 2006, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE(ronald @ Nov 9 2006, 01:14 PM)

View Post

View Post

is true there is a software for crown ce 4000 .... how i can use the fault jack of the same model..... because i have this model totally dead... thanks for ask my question.... smile.gif
View Post

There is no software for the CE4000 amplifier.
The CE4000 schematics are available from our web site at: http://www.crownaudio.com/gen_htm/legacy/legacamp.htm

A explanation of the fault jacks use is explained on page 20-21 of our "Crown Amplifier Applications Guide" at:
smile.gif