• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xvisionbelgium

xvisionbelgium
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

Hi,

Can somebody help with following situation ?

Brand new XTi 4000 Amps, straight from the box.
I have done the instructions to upgrade the firmware to to use the amps with System Architect. One at a time (only one connected on the usb bus)

The firmware updater sees serveral usb devices ( 1 amp, 1 mouse ) and gives some error messages (eg. .099 is not an integer). Upgrading goes well ( I Think ). In the last fase I got the error : Need Version 1 to set serial number.

If I Start System Architect, the amp is visible but the ID is 00-00-FF-FF-FF-FF. When I try to connect a second Amp that was upgraded the application crashes.
The ID of the second and third amp is also 00-00-FF-FF-FF-FF.... I think something went wrong during the setting of the serial number ?

Or is it impossible to connect 2 or more XTi amps using usb and control them using System architect ?

Used Config : Toshiba Tecra Tablet PC, Dlink USB Hub, 3 XTIi4000 amps

Please HELP !

#2 meest

meest
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

coming from this post You should be able to.

QUOTE(DGlass)
The connection of multiple amplifiers to a computer can be done through the use of USB powered HUBs.

So are you using a USB Powered Hub?? By that I'm guessing he means it has to not be powered off the USB port?? Not realy sure.

#3 xvisionbelgium

xvisionbelgium
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(meest @ Aug 25 2006, 09:04 PM)
coming from this post You should be able to.

QUOTE(DGlass)
The connection of multiple amplifiers to a computer can be done through the use of USB powered HUBs.

So are you using a USB Powered Hub?? By that I'm guessing he means it has to not be powered off the USB port?? Not realy sure.
View Post

I tried it with direct connection to multiple usb ports directly to the computer and through a powered hub