xls 602 channel 2 output problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bernardo

Bernardo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:18 PM

I have a brand new xls 602. I can't for the life of me get any audio out of channel 2. Ideas??????

#2 johnnybon

johnnybon
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(Bernardo @ Aug 17 2006, 10:18 PM)
I have a brand new xls 602. I can't for the life of me get any audio out of channel 2. Ideas??????
View Post

Check the Stereo/Mono switch in the back.

#3 Bernardo

Bernardo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:51 PM

There is no switch marked as such dual - bridge switch

#4 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:27 PM

Hi Bernardo,
Check all connections...
Make sure that you see an indication on the front of the amp, that there is a signal present at Channel #2,
when in Per Channel mode and not Bridged.

Next, if the Inputs are OK, then are you wiring the speaker Outputs from the Binding posts or Speakon(s)?

Stereo output using just the top Speakon #1 only, is 1+/1- and 2+/2- with a Speakon NL4 connector.
Stereo output per Channel and using both Speakons is 1+/1- at Channel #1 and 1+/1- at Channel #2

I'm sure Johhnybon's question was dealing with, how is the Bridge switch that is under the XLR inputs, set?
In Bridged mode, Channel #1 Input only is used and the Outputs of 1+ is Positive and the 2+ is Negative to your speakers.

If you have confirmed that All is correct from INPUT to OUTPUT and still you have a dead Channel #2, then return your amp to the Authorized place of purchase and swap it out with another amp.

I hope that it's just a Duh, I had this wrong and all is OK.

Good luck,
        Bud

#5 Lou

Lou

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

What you might do is open it up and make sure the output leads didn't come off the lugs on the circuit board.

#6 KWhitehead

KWhitehead

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:45 PM

It's also possible that the front level pot is or has been damaged. That will also cause no audio to pass in that channel.

Thanks,

Kip Whitehead
Crown Technical Support

#7 Lou

Lou

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:50 AM

And you could have some bad solder connections. I've seen a lot of that on XLS's.