MA5002VZ Channel Popping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

I just came off a show using Vertec driven by MA5002VZ amps. During the final song of the night, I heard a loud popping sound coming from one side of the PA. after the final beat, everything is muted and the sound continues. I decide to check the racks to find a single amp with channel 1 dropping out of ODEP and lighting up IOC, and then clicking back and forth about 2 seconds apart. Is this another case of bad capacitors? blink.gif

#2 PROMOCIONESRUIZ

PROMOCIONESRUIZ
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(CustomKid @ Aug 15 2006, 06:53 AM)
I just came off a show using Vertec driven by MA5002VZ amps. During the final song of the night, I heard a loud popping sound coming from one side of the PA. after the final beat, everything is muted and the sound continues. I decide to check the racks to find a single amp with channel 1 dropping out of ODEP and lighting up IOC, and then clicking back and forth about 2 seconds apart. Is this another case of bad capacitors? blink.gif
View Post

this is common I have had 3 amps in for service for the same problem all 5002vz
I am getting tired of this issue...lucky its a cheap repair about 100.00 dont remember what exactly causes it though

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

Just about anything could cause this. What is happening is the amp is trying to come on and then going into protect, trying to come on again and going into protect over and over and over.  blink.gif

One reason could be a bad power supply cap another could be that the output module has come loose and needs to be tightened.