Xti software..Will be worth the wait

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cergeg

cergeg
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:21 PM

From the little testing I've done with the beta version of system architect for the Xti, it will provide almost all the same eq, limiting, delay, crossover points I now have to do with my dcx2496. The graphic interface is very nice and allow saving presets for recalling for specific venue setups. I'm going to check on the new wireless usb hubs to see if I can get some "remote control" function as well via laptop....    biggrin.gif

#2 Ted Williams

Ted Williams

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(cergeg @ Jul 31 2006, 08:21 PM)
From the little testing I've done with the beta version of system architect for the Xti, it will provide almost all the same eq, limiting, delay, crossover points I now have to do with my dcx2496. The graphic interface is very nice and allow saving presets for recalling for specific venue setups. I'm going to check on the new wireless usb hubs to see if I can get some "remote control" function as well via laptop....    biggrin.gif
View Post

I would be interested in hearing how the wireless USB hub(s) are working for the XTi application. That is an idea that I have been toying around with for a while.

Ted

#3 cergeg

cergeg
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:20 AM

[
I would be interested in hearing how the wireless USB hub(s) are working for the XTi application. That is an idea that I have been toying around with for a while.

Ted
View Post
[/quote]

Belkin was supposed to by now released their "cableless usb hub" but seems delayed until Sept timeframe. ( had some chip manufacturer issues). Not sure of other supplier of a hub like this....

#4 hclague

hclague
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:16 AM

[quote=cergeg,Aug 4 2006, 12:20 AM]
[

Ted
View Post
[/quote]

Belkin was supposed to by now released their "cableless usb hub" but seems delayed until Sept timeframe. ( had some chip manufacturer issues). Not sure of other supplier of a hub like this....
View Post
[/quote]

Have you looked at the Ubox unit?

Hal

#5 cergeg

cergeg
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

Have you looked at the Ubox unit?

Hal

No, I hadn't seen these. It probably would work ok, but has a UTP uplink connection which I wanted to keep from having to do. This would be for FOH use ( poor mans HiQnet)and wireless would save me having to string a cat 5 cable out. Suppose could put the Ubox on wireless router, but then it would start turning into a cludge job wink.gif

...Greg

#6 xvisionbelgium

xvisionbelgium
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(cergeg @ Aug 1 2006, 03:21 AM)
From the little testing I've done with the beta version of system architect for the Xti, it will provide almost all the same eq, limiting, delay, crossover points I now have to do with my dcx2496. The graphic interface is very nice and allow saving presets for recalling for specific venue setups. I'm going to check on the new wireless usb hubs to see if I can get some "remote control" function as well via laptop....    biggrin.gif
View Post

Silex Wireless USB server does the trick ! ( and is available )

#7 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(xvisionbelgium @ Aug 31 2006, 02:29 AM)
View Post

View Post

This is good to know but are you talking about the Silex "SX2000WG" or the "SX-3700WB"? Also have you tried it with XTi amps? and how did you like it? smile.gif

#8 xvisionbelgium

xvisionbelgium
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Aug 31 2006, 07:56 PM)
View Post

View Post

This is good to know but are you talking about the Silex "SX2000WG" or the "SX-3700WB"? Also have you tried it with XTi amps? and how did you like it? smile.gif
View Post

I used the SX2000WG. This was connected to a 7port powered hub from DLink.
Connections on the hub : 3 x XTi4000, 1xdbx DriveRack 260 (with usb2serial)
Tablet PC Used : Toshiba Tecra Tablet-PC with SA 1.2 and DriveWare 2.5

Worked very nice !

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

Thanks,

I have ordered one of the SX2000WG units for myself to check out.

QUOTE(xvisionbelgium @ Sep 7 2006, 09:57 AM)
View Post

View Post

View Post

Worked very nice !
View Post

#10 xvisionbelgium

xvisionbelgium
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Sep 7 2006, 03:49 PM)
Thanks,

View Post

View Post

Small hint : Do NOT use cd supplied CD, but download the latest drivers from their website... otherwise : a lot of blue screens...
View Post

Worked very nice !
View Post

View Post

#11 xvisionbelgium

xvisionbelgium
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(xvisionbelgium @ Sep 7 2006, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Sep 7 2006, 03:49 PM)
Thanks,

View Post

View Post

Small hint : Do NOT use the supplied CD, but download latest drivers from the Silex website...

Small hint : Do NOT use cd supplied CD, but download the latest drivers from their website... otherwise : a lot of blue screens...
View Post

Worked very nice !
View Post

View Post

View Post

#12 ollie

ollie
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:15 AM

Please share your experience and possible inputs to the SX2000WG here.

Thanks

QUOTE(DGlass @ Sep 7 2006, 04:49 PM)
Thanks,

View Post

View Post

View Post

Worked very nice !
View Post

View Post