• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimfox

jimfox
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:21 PM

Hi Dave,
             I have 3 Itech 4000 and 3 Itech 6000 and 3 DBX 260 in 3 amp racks to power 12 VARIX tops and 12 SRX 918 bass cabs.
What I want to know is,  When this fantastic speaker system was designed, why was the attitude of plug and play not used.
What I mean is dial up the VRX cab on your mid high amp, then dial up the SRX bass cab.
Only last week I purchased my last set and there is still nothing provided from the factory.
I have made up my own programme  on the  Driverack but with all the technology at your disposal I can not understand why its not already installed.
  When I compare JBL with the Electro Voice XLD system which we purchased last mouth. I took it out of the 24 boxes clipped them together. Screwed the amps into a Rack with the EVA prossesor dialed up the preset for the SLED  connected the
speaker leads and instanly had a fantastic sound.
  I have always been a big fan of Crown, Its top notch gear, But Harmon could do with sorting this problem, Or am I expecting to much.
   Thanks Jim.

#2 Robson

Robson

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(jimfox @ Jul 6 2006, 04:21 PM)
Hi Dave,
             I have 3 Itech 4000 and 3 Itech 6000 and 3 DBX 260 in 3 amp racks to power 12 VARIX tops and 12 SRX 918 bass cabs.
What I want to know is,  When this fantastic speaker system was designed, why was the attitude of plug and play not used.
What I mean is dial up the VRX cab on your mid high amp, then dial up the SRX bass cab.
Only last week I purchased my last set and there is still nothing provided from the factory.
I have made up my own programme  on the  Driverack but with all the technology at your disposal I can not understand why its not already installed.
  When I compare JBL with the Electro Voice XLD system which we purchased last mouth. I took it out of the 24 boxes clipped them together. Screwed the amps into a Rack with the EVA prossesor dialed up the preset for the SLED  connected the
speaker leads and instanly had a fantastic sound.
  I have always been a big fan of Crown, Its top notch gear, But Harmon could do with sorting this problem, Or am I expecting to much.
   Thanks Jim.
View Post

Hi,

All tunings are here:  http://www.jblpro.com/tunings/index.htm

All tunings are verified and supplied by the loudspeaker manufacturer not the amplifier or processor manufacturer.

Cheers

Rob

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

Rob is correct we can only provide what is given to us and verified by the speaker manufacture(s).
They may even have an IQwic file for the ITechs, if you can find the right person, but it hasn't been given to us for posting. I suspect that as System Architect becomes more and more the common Harman Pro Group software you'll start to find these setting becoming more available in the System Architect format. currently however JBL has the settings on their web site and they will have to be entered manually in whichever software you choose. smile.gif

#4 jimfox

jimfox
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jul 7 2006, 07:29 AM)
Rob is correct we can only provide what is given to us and verified by the speaker manufacture(s).
They may even have an IQwic file for the ITechs, if you can find the right person, but it hasn't been given to us for posting. I suspect that as System Architect becomes more and more the common Harman Pro Group software you'll start to find these setting becoming more available in the System Architect format. currently however JBL has the settings on their web site and they will have to be entered manually in whichever software you choose. smile.gif
View Post

Hi. D. Glass,
                     thanks for your reply, but when I was at the demo for the I techs and JBL speakers a guy from USA who told me he worked for crown said that all the necessary tunnings would be in both ITECH and the DBX driveracks.
But as you know when I bought the first set, then I was told its such a new product these factory settings were not available yet.
  I know your job is to short out technical problems with Crown product, but I am very frustrated with the brick wall response I get from everyone on this subject.
  I have the details from the JBL web site with the tunnings and have an appropiate setting in the DBX unit. But when I compare similar systems with the factory settings. They seem just that bit better.
            Maybe some one will send me a super down load and I can load the driveracks and leave you in peace.
  Harman is the company which Crown and DBX are part of?  smile.gif
                        All the best,
                                         Jim