• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dctv12

dctv12
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

Hello, my name is Albert.
I live in Germany and i run a Crown IC 150 with a Crown DC300a and a nice pair of Klipsch Herecy since 33 jears now.
But now i have a problem, my IC 150 is litnig up but no Sound anymore
A good friend of mine looks at it and find out the Transormer is gone.
In Germany Crown stuff is super rare, and the owners sort of keep it secret they have one. My question is if somewone in the states gould giva advice where to get a new ore used transformer ore meby a Replaced oone.
Hopefully somone can help me out because i do not want to give up the IC 150.
Best Regards, Albert

#2 Meshuganah

Meshuganah
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:34 AM

Hello Albert, I am new to the forum but I may be able to help you.
The circuit diagram tells me that a small transformer from your local electronic hobbies shop will do the trick. You will need a 15v-0-15v (a.c.) @ 500ma secondary winding and the mains side needs to be in whatever your local voltage is in Germany.
A radio/t.v. technician can change it over for you. You may need to privide a metal screen later, has to be steel not aluminium to prevent any hum. Probably wont be needed though.
There is plenty of space in there so this should go well and t5he 150 will be as good as new........Sorry Dave....

Meshuganah tongue.gif

#3 dctv12

dctv12
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

Thanks to Meshuganah for the fast reply.
As soon as i get the stuff done i,l let you know.

once again, thank You Meshuganah

#4 dctv12

dctv12
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:06 AM

Hallo, I did not get a transformer 230V 15V-0-15V but a 115V-0-0-115V and 15V-0-15V this is verry close to the one installed and I have it running again.