Xti Trouble With Channel 2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 musicboy71

musicboy71
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:11 PM

Alright, I am totally frustrated here.  I have used my Xti 4000 to run my top speakers full range about 6 times now.  I use the banana speaker outputs, and on 2 occasions channel 2 has went out on me.  Luckily I have been able to change the setting on the front display to CH1 + CH2 and that restores sound to the channel 2 speakers - Although the quality of sound seems to be diminished.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what may be going on????

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:16 PM

I can't say we have heard of this issue with anyone yet. Presently of the thousands of Xtis sold we have exchanged less than 1/2 a dozen (2 of which were shipping danage). You may need to get back with your dealer have it looked at and possibly exchanged.

#3 musicboy71

musicboy71
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

I took the amp back to my dealer and it was exchanged out.  Even though they said it was on back-order...A new one was in the store for me a couple days later.  I am excited to see how this amp performs!  Thank you Crown !!!

#4 mb_drummer

mb_drummer
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:37 AM

I have had a few problems that seem to be similar to this.  I have six XTi 4000 amps, two set up for main full-range and the other four bridged for subs.  Both of the amps used for full range have had problems with cutting in and out... one is channel 1 and the other amp is channel 2.  Both of those, it seems, is related to the level control knobs.  When it cuts out, if you tap on the knob it will come back and it seems that the vibration of the bass will cause it to come and go.  That tells me that there's a lose connection on the circuit board somewhere.  Just a hunch from my electronic engineering degree.  Yet a third amp, one used for subs, has a problem of completely going out and it seems that only turning it off and back on fixes the problem.  I'm not sure what the problem is or what will be done about it at the time.
I'm running sound for a camp and the audio equipment belongs to the company that runs the camps, so getting them fixed will be up to them... I just wanted to let people know that half of my amps have this problem.  I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, I realize that these amps are new and despite a company's best efforts, a new product is bound to have some problems come up somewhere.  Crown seems to be excelent about handling things like this so I'm sure they'll handle this well. I just wanted to let everyone know about the problems I've run into.

#5 vargasm1

vargasm1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 15 2006, 01:16 PM)
I can't say we have heard of this issue with anyone yet. Presently of the thousands of Xtis sold we have exchanged less than 1/2 a dozen (2 of which were shipping danage). You may need to get back with your dealer have it looked at and possibly exchanged.
View Post

ohmy.gif I got the same response when I called in about the same trouble that I am having with channel 2.  I've contacted the dealer that I purchased my units but the are quick on the draw of "they are on back order"  I can't get any support or assistance from anyone.  I purchased mine on July 12th spoke to crown on July 17 after testing them on July 14 and notified the store and crown of the problem.  To date no response from crown or the store!  I'm really upset because I have to rent equipment and pay $250 everytime I rent for a gig.  I'm beyond frustrated now.  CAN SOMEONE HELP?!

#6 meest

meest
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(vargasm1 @ Aug 11 2006, 07:31 PM)
ohmy.gif I got the same response when I called in about the same trouble that I am having with channel 2.  I've contacted the dealer that I purchased my units but the are quick on the draw of "they are on back order"  I can't get any support or assistance from anyone.  I purchased mine on July 12th spoke to crown on July 17 after testing them on July 14 and notified the store and crown of the problem.  To date no response from crown or the store!  I'm really upset because I have to rent equipment and pay $250 everytime I rent for a gig.  I'm beyond frustrated now.  CAN SOMEONE HELP?!
View Post

Get the Dealer to give you something of equivalent Power until you'rs is fixed. It amazes me that other dealers don't do this kind of thing for their customers.

I'm also waiting for an XTi 2000. Backordered Also I believe. Crown Realy can't do much, as You would have to send the Amp in for work. The Dealer can't do anything because he can't get a Replacement. (Although he realy should offer you a replacement Demo unit until you'res is fixed)

Good luck Man.

#7 vargasm1

vargasm1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(meest @ Aug 12 2006, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE(vargasm1 @ Aug 11 2006, 07:31 PM)
ohmy.gif I got the same response when I called in about the same trouble that I am having with channel 2.  I've contacted the dealer that I purchased my units but the are quick on the draw of "they are on back order"  I can't get any support or assistance from anyone.  I purchased mine on July 12th spoke to crown on July 17 after testing them on July 14 and notified the store and crown of the problem.  To date no response from crown or the store!  I'm really upset because I have to rent equipment and pay $250 everytime I rent for a gig.  I'm beyond frustrated now.  CAN SOMEONE HELP?!
View Post

Get the Dealer to give you something of equivalent Power until you'rs is fixed. It amazes me that other dealers don't do this kind of thing for their customers.

I'm also waiting for an XTi 2000. Backordered Also I believe. Crown Realy can't do much, as You would have to send the Amp in for work. The Dealer can't do anything because he can't get a Replacement. (Although he realy should offer you a replacement Demo unit until you'res is fixed)

Good luck Man.
View Post

#8 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

Hi Vargasm1,
You said:
To date no response from crown or the store!

Just pick up the phone and call Crown at 1-800-342-6939 or 1-574-294-8200.
Don't wait for them to call you!
Any time I had a problem or a question, I called Support and got right through.
If it was for repair a RA number was generated on the spot and I was emailed a UPS label to put on my box for shipping.
I have never had a problem finding someone to bend over backwards to help me.
Last Service that I had was on a CE4000, I had it back in two weeks!

I cannot speak for whatever dealer that you purchased your amp from but if it is an Authorized Dealer then mention it to the person that you reach at Crown!

A couple of years ago I purchased a new CE4000 and was told that the amp was back-ordered.
I did not believe it and thought that I was getting the runaround, so I called Crown and did confirm that due to back-ordered parts, they were not assemblying any CE amps, when the line started up, Crown sent me a New CE4000 via next day free shipping and with their apologies.

Make a call on Monday and post back to let us know how it went.

Later,
    Bud

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(vargasm1 @ Aug 11 2006, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 15 2006, 01:16 PM)
View Post

ohmy.gif I got the same response when I called in about the same trouble that I am having with channel 2.  I've contacted the dealer that I purchased my units but the are quick on the draw of "they are on back order"  I can't get any support or assistance from anyone.  I purchased mine on July 12th spoke to crown on July 17 after testing them on July 14 and notified the store and crown of the problem.  To date no response from crown or the store!  I'm really upset because I have to rent equipment and pay $250 everytime I rent for a gig.  I'm beyond frustrated now.  CAN SOMEONE HELP?!
View Post

We are currently back ordered on XTi amplifiers. We just can't seem to make enough to meet the demand as they are the hottest item out there right now.
Depending on what may come in ahead of you we service is "currently" at or less than a week turn around on XTi amplifiers.
If you can't get support from your dealer and you need a unit serviced please go to our web site and create an SRA.  Then call our Factory Service people 1.800.342.6939 x8205 and they will send you a box and a return shipping label. smile.gif