#1 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

I would really appreciate if someone from crown could let me know if this is legit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2pk-Crown-I-Tech-8000-...1QQcmdZViewItem

My main query is in regard to the warranty... is it the exact same as with new kit as he states?

Also what exactly from your point of view is "B" stock and are there any reasons to avoid it?

Very tempting price less than half what I'd pay for the same here.

ites.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(rezsbc @ Jun 6 2006, 11:23 AM)
Hi,

I would really appreciate if someone from crown could let me know if this is legit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2pk-Crown-I-Tech-8000-...1QQcmdZViewItem

My main query is in regard to the warranty... is it the exact same as with new kit as he states?

Also what exactly from your point of view is "B" stock and are there any reasons to avoid it?

Very tempting price less than half what I'd pay for the same here.

ites.
View Post

From time to time we do have "B" stock items as is described in the posting available to our dealers and they are sold with the same Three Year Warranty. (We just can not sell them as "New").

Pretty much anyone can sell product on E-bay if they have access to it. But there are three major things to be aware of:

First make sure “they” (the sellers) are a Crown Authorized Dealer and not two stepping it from another dealer. If the product should go bad for any reason within the first couple of months we can do direct exchanges through the Crown Dealer we sold it to. As a policy we do not do direct exchanges to customers as our dealer is the one who has an account with us. In these cases the amp would have to come back for repair.

Second make sure the unit is coming in a factory sealed (stapled) box with an inventory barcode label. The label will have a Crown logon product model and serial number of the amp. This way you are pretty sure to know that you are getting a unit from us and not a second hand product.

Thirdly if the box has been opened and/or resealed make sure the product has a Crown Serial number sticker on it. If it doesn't we may not even service the unit under warranty. Defacing or removing the serial number sticker will void the warranty.

As a side note: I can't find Pro Audio Mart listed as an Authorized Crown Dealer in our Dealer listings. If you can get a serial number we would be very interested in finding out where these are coming from.

P.S. If you get one do not post it on the forum send it to me direct.

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

A second review of the posting brought up something interesting
" This is a "B" stock amplifier purchased from an authorized, full-line Crown dealer." So it appears they themselves are not an Authorized Crown Dealer dealer.
Since this is the case the Warranty has started from the moment they bought it from the dealer as the original customer. As well as the first point previously mentioned.

#4 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 6 2006, 06:34 PM)
A second review of the posting brought up something interesting
" This is a "B" stock amplifier purchased from an authorized, full-line Crown dealer." So it appears they themselves are not an Authorized Crown Dealer dealer.
Since this is the case the Warranty has started from the moment they bought it from the dealer as the original customer. As well as the first point previously mentioned.
View Post

Ok thanks again Dave...

I need to get a lower power amp soon as well (possibly xti series) so I may get that and see how it goes rather than shelling out the big bucks...

If I do I will do as you advise with the serial number etc.

cheers.

#5 NWCA

NWCA
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:26 PM

also "B" stock normaly is when the product is damaged in the wharehouse or a product used for display is damaged. it's not a BIG thing, it's more of little dents, paint scratches and such. but still paying WAY TOO MUCH...

DJdeals.com has the I-T8000 for $3,950  biggrin.gif  thats where i get all of mine.

#6 Scott Parr

Scott Parr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:50 PM

I purchased an I-Tech 6000 from this eBay seller.

It was a sealed/stapled box with all cables, paperwork in their plastic bags.  It had all signs of being factory sealed.

There were no visual flaws and no performance flaws either.  The amp did show approx 400 hours of use in it's memory.

It has performed wonderfully.

I have since bought 2 JBL VRX 918S subs from this seller as B-Stock also.

That's 3 very small experiences that have me 100% satisfied.

If that means anything to anyone...

Scott