#1 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:14 AM

Right...

Ive been comparing the specs for the XTi and CDi series amps...and I'm confused!!!

What are the significant differences between the XTi1000/XTi2000 and the CDi1000/CDi2000???

From checking the spec. sheets I think the differences are:

- The CDi has 6 parametric EQ filters per channel with 15db gain/cut, as opposed to the XTi with 4 at 12db.

- The CDi offers a Linkwitz-Reilly 24db/octave bandpass filter, and butterworth fitlers at 12 & 18db/octave.  The XTi series on the other hand only offers Butterworth curves at 6/12/18/24db/oct.

- The CDi offers up to 50ms delay for allignment, whereas the XTi only offers 5.

- The CDi has 20 preset settings, XTi only has 10.

- The XTi has a 'subharmonic synthesiser' built into the DSP.

The other difference that I can see is that the CDi (probably as it is designed for installed sound) has no XLR/SpeakOn ins/outs but rather binding post style connectors.

I suppose basically what I'm asking is there any difference apart from the DSP, are these amps basically the same otherwise??  Quality, construction etc.??

And if I might make a comment I don't know why you've gone with USB on these instead of Ethernet which would seem to make more sense given the ability to have multiple units connected to a switch.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(rezsbc @ Jun 6 2006, 11:14 AM)
Right...

Ive been comparing the specs for the XTi and CDi series amps...and I'm confused!!!

What are the significant differences between the XTi1000/XTi2000 and the CDi1000/CDi2000???

From checking the spec. sheets I think the differences are:

- The CDi has 6 parametric EQ filters per channel with 15db gain/cut, as opposed to the XTi with 4 at 12db.

- The CDi offers a Linkwitz-Reilly 24db/octave bandpass filter, and butterworth fitlers at 12 & 18db/octave.  The XTi series on the other hand only offers Butterworth curves at 6/12/18/24db/oct.

- The CDi offers up to 50ms delay for allignment, whereas the XTi only offers 5.

- The CDi has 20 preset settings, XTi only has 10.

- The XTi has a 'subharmonic synthesiser' built into the DSP.

The other difference that I can see is that the CDi (probably as it is designed for installed sound) has no XLR/SpeakOn ins/outs but rather binding post style connectors.

I suppose basically what I'm asking is there any difference apart from the DSP, are these amps basically the same otherwise??  Quality, construction etc.??

And if I might make a comment I don't know why you've gone with USB on these instead of Ethernet which would seem to make more sense given the ability to have multiple units connected to a switch.
View Post

You are pretty much correct on all the comparisons. The main difference is the Cdi amps are setup to also drive 70v speaker lines. Were the Xti are not. Other than that they are the same amplifier.

As for using USB one thing you have to remember is these are not high end I-Tech and CTS w/PIP card replacements. They are a midlevel product replaceing the CE series that is designed for a program and use application. They are not intended for the same market share as our higher end products even though they are raising the bar for products in the mid price range. smile.gif

#3 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:54 AM

thanks for the response David... just wanted to clarify wink.gif