#1 Ted Williams

Ted Williams

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:21 AM

This is a question for Crown Support.

I've read in one of the topics in this forum, that when the software is released for the XTi series it will be a scaled back version of SA.

I use SA now for I-Tech amps.

My question is:

When the new software is available for the XTi's, will this "scaled back" version cause conflicts with the current SA program I am using now?

Thank you.

Ted

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(Ted Williams @ Jun 6 2006, 09:21 AM)

I've read in one of the topics in this forum, that when the software is released for the XTi series it will be a scaled back version of SA.

My question is:

When the new software is available for the XTi's, will this "scaled back" version cause conflicts with the current SA program I am using now?

Thank you.

Ted
View Post

Ted,
We are being told that there should be no problem and that they will eventually be in the SA software as well.

But again remember these are not baby I-Techs and the control/monitoring features will be limited compared to the I-Techs and CTs with USP PIP modules because of using USB. Software for these amps is mainly aimed for setup applications not extensive control and monitoring.

#3 Ted Williams

Ted Williams

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 6 2006, 09:10 AM)

My question is:

Thank you.

Ted
View Post

Ted,
We are being told that there should be no problem and that they will eventually be in the SA software as well.

But again remember these are not baby I-Techs and the control/monitoring features will be limited compared to the I-Techs and CTs with USP PIP modules because of using USB. Software for these amps is mainly aimed for setup applications not extensive control and monitoring.
View Post

I understand the the XTi series is not the I-Tech series. I did not expect it to be. I was curious about the new software for the XTi causing conflicts with SA, that was my minor concern.

Also, can multiple XTi amps be accessed via a USB hub with the software?

Thanks again for the reply.

Ted

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(Ted Williams @ Jun 6 2006, 02:01 PM)

My question is:

Thank you.

Ted
View Post

Ted,

View Post

I understand the the XTi series is not the I-Tech series. I did not expect it to be. I was curious about the new software for the XTi causing conflicts with SA, that was my minor concern.

Ted
View Post

You are supposed to be able to connect multiple amps on USB hubs following the USB protocol device guidelines.

Sorry if I seem to be restating the obvious about these series of amps. As with any new product thats introducing new technologies into a marketplace their has been a lot of confusion about what these amps are in relation to their market place and options. Because of this a lot of people are having extremely high expectations of what these amps are supposed to be.
Don't get me wrong they are great amps with an excellent set of features, they are just not what some people think they are. To use car terms: some are thinging they are A Ford GT at a Focus price when they are more a Fusion at Focus pricing. biggrin.gif

#5 Ted Williams

Ted Williams

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 6 2006, 01:46 PM)

My question is:

Thank you.

Ted
View Post

Ted,

View Post

Ted
View Post

You are supposed to be able to connect multiple amps on USB hubs following the USB protocol device guidelines.

Sorry if I seem to be restating the obvious about these series of amps. As with any new product thats introducing new technologies into a marketplace their has been a lot of confusion about what these amps are in relation to their market place and options. Because of this a lot of people are having extremely high expectations of what these amps are supposed to be.
Don't get me wrong they are great amps with an excellent set of features, they are just not what some people think they are. To use car terms: some are thinging they are A Ford GT at a Focus price when they are more a Fusion at Focus pricing. biggrin.gif
View Post

That will be good if I can do some networking with the XTi series.
I purchased two (2) XTi 4000 amps last week. The performance, and sound quality is great. I plan to purchase more XTi amps in the near future.

Has there been any indication of when the software will be released for the XTi?

Thanks.

Ted

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(Ted Williams @ Jun 6 2006, 04:35 PM)

My question is:

Thank you.

Ted
View Post

Ted,

View Post

Ted
View Post

View Post

I purchased two (2) XTi 4000 amps last week. The performance, and sound quality is great. I plan to purchase more XTi amps in the near future.

Has there been any indication of when the software will be released for the XTi?

Thanks.

Ted
View Post

All we are being told is soon.

#7 Ted Williams

Ted Williams

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 8 2006, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE(Ted Williams @ Jun 6 2006, 04:35 PM)

My question is:

Thank you.

Ted
View Post

Ted,

View Post

Ted
View Post

View Post

Thanks.

Ted
View Post

All we are being told is soon.
View Post

Ok. Thank you.