new venue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sixteenluckyhats

sixteenluckyhats
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking at opening a venue in Lexington, KY (which is in desperate need of another), the room the stage would be in is about 4000 sqft and I was thinking of using a couple of Crown XTI 4000's, four or so JBL 4642A subs, and two or so EAW KF 761's... or JBL VP7315-64DPAN's. Do you think that would be good enough to start with? I hardly know what I'm doing when it comes to speakers etc. If anyone has tips for cheapish high/midrange, I'm all ears.

#2 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(sixteenluckyhats @ Jun 3 2006, 07:06 PM)
Hey guys, I'm looking at opening a venue in Lexington, KY (which is in desperate need of another), the room the stage would be in is about 4000 sqft and I was thinking of using a couple of Crown XTI 4000's, four or so JBL 4642A subs, and two or so EAW KF 761's... or JBL VP7315-64DPAN's. Do you think that would be good enough to start with? I hardly know what I'm doing when it comes to speakers etc. If anyone has tips for cheapish high/midrange, I'm all ears.

Howdy,
  There is a lot to figure out for the perfect Install!
You want to get it right the first time!
You need to think of speaker placement, Horn coverage,
boundary cancellations, SPL, Power alley, dance floor etc..etc..

I would try your post over at ProSoundWeb.
Link here: PSW Installed Sound / Contracting

This link will take you to the Installed Sound / Contractimg Forum and they should be able to help you out better than here.
You can also check out the Live Audio Board (LAB) Forum and the Lounge Forum.
In your case I would start with finding out which Speakers are the best fit for the room and THEN decide what Amplification you need to properly drive them.

I would Imagine that for the best Sounding "System" a more unified System that was actually designed to work together, would produce a better over All Sound  than Mix n Match.
In other words all JBL or EAW, etc..
Then wether to Bi-or Tri-Amp the System, which DSP is needed for doing the Processing.
I have seen similar posts elsewhere about this subject where the Advice was to consult a Professional to crunch all the numbers and design a System (or a few choices) for the room, once taking in ALL aspects of that room.
You will be spending a considerable amount of money and you only get 1 chance to get it right!
This is no place to just wing it!
Given your area someone may be able to recommend someone to consult with for the job.

Good luck,
      Bud