#1 schnakesound

schnakesound

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

Hi All,

I know this is a simple question, but I hope someone can give me an answer.  I am running all macro tech amps and would like to go from using banana plugs to blade connectors.  The blade connectors should hold up better while getting bounced around in the trailer.  I am looking at using 1/4" blade connectors with a power rating of 600 volts.  Will these do for the MA 1200, MA 2400, 3600vz and 5002vz?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  smile.gif
Roll it in...Hook it up...Make some magic.

Visit us at: http://www.schnakesound.com

Bill Schnake

#2 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(schnakesound @ Jun 3 2006, 01:24 PM)
Hi All,

I know this is a simple question, but I hope someone can give me an answer.  I am running all macro tech amps and would like to go from using banana plugs to blade connectors.  The blade connectors should hold up better while getting bounced around in the trailer.  I am looking at using 1/4" blade connectors with a power rating of 600 volts.  Will these do for the MA 1200, MA 2400, 3600vz and 5002vz?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  smile.gif
View Post

Howdy,
I am not sure that I understand what you are asking.
Are you talking about Spade Crimp connectors that you can put into the Binding posts and screw them down onto?

Like these crimps: Spade Connector

If so then with your Amps mentioned they will work fine but Crown has stated that the newer Power Amp's Binding posts will not accept these anymore.
This probably includes the newer XTi's, maybe David could respond to that.

However if it is, then you could easily wire your amp rack so that you can use  Speakons connectors no matter what the configuration.
The link below was taken from a post at ProSoundWeb's LAB Lounge, have a read.Amp rack wiring

A side note from that post regarded the Poorman's Distro and though you did not ask about it I thought that I would include this thread as well.
PowerCon Power strip

If this is not helpful and you meant something else then let me know.

Later,
Bud

#3 schnakesound

schnakesound

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(Bud Bolf @ Jun 5 2006, 05:23 AM)
Hi All,

I know this is a simple question, but I hope someone can give me an answer.  I am running all macro tech amps and would like to go from using banana plugs to blade connectors.  The blade connectors should hold up better while getting bounced around in the trailer.  I am looking at using 1/4" blade connectors with a power rating of 600 volts.  Will these do for the MA 1200, MA 2400, 3600vz and 5002vz?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  smile.gif
View Post

Howdy,
Are you talking about Spade Crimp connectors that you can put into the Binding posts and screw them down onto?

If so then with your Amps mentioned they will work fine but Crown has stated that the newer Power Amp's Binding posts will not accept these anymore.

However if it is, then you could easily wire your amp rack so that you can use  Speakons connectors no matter what the configuration.
The link below was taken from a post at ProSoundWeb's LAB Lounge, have a read.Amp rack wiring

A side note from that post regarded the Poorman's Distro and though you did not ask about it I thought that I would include this thread as well.
PowerCon Power strip

Later,
Bud
View Post

Bud,

Thanks for the response.  smile.gif   I started re-arranging my racks this past weekend and I am ready to start using the spade connectors this evening, so your timing was great.  Over the weekend I happened to pick up the exact connectors that you sent the link on.

Thanks again

bill
Roll it in...Hook it up...Make some magic.

Visit us at: http://www.schnakesound.com

Bill Schnake

#4 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(schnakesound @ Jun 5 2006, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE(Bud Bolf @ Jun 5 2006, 05:23 AM)
Hi All,

Thanks  smile.gif
View Post

Howdy,

PowerCon Power strip

Later,
Bud
View Post

Bud,

Thanks for the response.  smile.gif   I started re-arranging my racks this past weekend and I am ready to start using the spade connectors this evening, so your timing was great.  Over the weekend I happened to pick up the exact connectors that you sent the link on.

Thanks again

bill
View Post

Hi Bill,
Glad to help, I've been there and done that!

Enjoy,
     Bud