• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yeshuainc

yeshuainc
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:29 PM

Hello Everybody! I'm new to the forum.

I recently bought an Xti 2000, an Xti 1000, and am currently using the 2000 for subs and the 1000 for mains. (I don't play too loud) but would just like to know if I will be able to run both the 2000 and the 1000 on the same program, on the same computer, at the same time.

Another thing.....I read on the manual that the Xti's have an internal crossover but will run channel 1 on lows and channel 2 on highs. Is there any way that I can run highs only on the 1000 and lows only on the 2000 without using a separate crossover???  

One more thing.....The Xti's I bought came with no usb cable for the HiQnet connection do I need a special cable or just any usb cable that will fit the connection???

I appreciate the help...Thanks.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:27 AM

Will I will be able to run both the 2000 and the 1000 on the same program, on the same computer, at the same time.
*I am told when the software is available you should be able to use a USB Hub to communicate with multiple amps. Again I need to make the point clear these are not baby I-Techs they are a cost effective amplifier with on board DSP that is raising the bar of products in that market segment. They will not have the same functionality as an I-Tech as far as monitor and control. The software is basically for setting up the amp with limited monitoring functions and network abilities that are based on USB not Ethernet.   smile.gif

Is there any way that I can run highs only on the 1000 and lows only on the 2000 without using a separate crossover???
*A crossover is basically a High Pass and Low Pass Filter together. When the software is available instead of using the Xover feature setup a High Pass filter in the amp for the Highs and a low pass filter in the amp for the lows like the crossover would do between channels but instead of doing it between channels you will be doing one filter in one amp and the other filter int he other amp. This way the Low Pass Filter section of the crossover is in the Low frequency amp and the High Pass Filter section is in the High frequency amp. smile.gif

One more thing.....The Xti's I bought came with no usb cable for the HiQnet connection do I need a special cable or just any usb cable that will fit the connection???
*You will need to provide your own off the shelf USB cable. smile.gif