Ultra-Tech 1010

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fatsound

fatsound
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:09 PM

We are experiencing a significant volume loss in channel 2.  We normally run the amp in stereo.  We switched to bridge mode and the output for both channels is equal so we're guessing the input for channel 2 is damaged or something.  We own two of these units and fear that we may have the same problem in the second unit, but to a lesser degree.  Any thoughts for troubleshooting?

#2 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:21 PM

If this is only happening in one channel, it is possible that the input connector is dirty, damaged or worked loose. You might want to check the solder integrity on the input connectors and the ribbon cable connection.

QUOTE(fatsound @ May 29 2006, 01:09 PM)
We are experiencing a significant volume loss in channel 2.  We normally run the amp in stereo.  We switched to bridge mode and the output for both channels is equal so we're guessing the input for channel 2 is damaged or something.  We own two of these units and fear that we may have the same problem in the second unit, but to a lesser degree.  Any thoughts for troubleshooting?
View Post

Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#3 fatsound

fatsound
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

What about repair, if necessary.  Will I need to find a receipt.  That might be tough.  I know the amp is less than three years old.  What's your advice?

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(fatsound @ Jun 5 2006, 03:31 PM)
What about repair, if necessary.  Will I need to find a receipt.  That might be tough.  I know the amp is less than three years old.  What's your advice?
View Post

Usually not as we will go by the manufacturing date code if there is no receipt available for the date of purchase. This is the four digit number on the serial number sticker that will look something like "0014". The middle two digits ar the month and the out two digits are the year of manufacture. In the examples case that would be January of 2004. smile.gif

#5 fatsound

fatsound
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:07 PM

Since we have two identical (amp) models, we switched the input modules and to our ears, we could replicate the sound degradation of each amp, to the other.

I have two CE2000's, I think the input modules are the same as the UltraTech's.  Are they compatible to the UltraTech's and could I run a test with that module?

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(fatsound @ Jun 6 2006, 01:07 PM)
Since we have two identical (amp) models, we switched the input modules and to our ears, we could replicate the sound degradation of each amp, to the other.

I have two CE2000's, I think the input modules are the same as the UltraTech's.  Are they compatible to the UltraTech's and could I run a test with that module?
View Post

They are pretty much the same amp except for color and label. The UTs are only sold through one dealer. So the input cards should be interchangeable.
smile.gif