Crown CE4000 Amps - Difference Black or Grey

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crowdr

crowdr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

I have some Crown CE4000 amps and am interested in buying a few more.  My current amps are black in color and some I have seen for sale are grey in color.  Is there a difference in the amp, design, specs, etc. between the two?  Why two (2) different colors?

#2 Tom Lureman

Tom Lureman

Network Newbie

• Admin
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

Are they Ultratech amps, or CE amps?  They are the same model, but the UT was badged specifically for Sam Ash.

#3 crowdr

crowdr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(Tom Lureman @ Dec 6 2011, 08:49 AM) View Post
Are they Ultratech amps, or CE amps?  They are the same model, but the UT was badged specifically for Sam Ash.

Tom,

They are CE amps (CE4000's to be exact).  They look identical except the colors.  Is there something that I should be looking for on the amp itself? I purchased four (4) of these several years ago that were black in color buit have since purchased two (2) used ones from eBay, etc. that are grey in color!

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE(crowdr @ Dec 6 2011, 11:43 AM) View Post

Tom,

They are CE amps (CE4000's to be exact).  They look identical except the colors.  Is there something that I should be looking for on the amp itself? I purchased four (4) of these several years ago that were black in color buit have since purchased two (2) used ones from eBay, etc. that are grey in color!

UltraTech 4040, the gray one:

Crown CE4000:

So, which is which? any way, like tom said they are the same...

#5 crowdr

crowdr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(dakos @ Dec 8 2011, 05:08 AM) View Post
QUOTE(crowdr @ Dec 6 2011, 11:43 AM) View Post

Tom,

UltraTech 4040, the gray one:

Crown CE4000:

So, which is which? any way, like tom said they are the same...

They are definitely not the Ultratech.  Those have a distiguising name plate.  These have CE4000 on they but are grey in color.  As stated before, I have four (4) that are black in color.

#6 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(crowdr @ Dec 8 2011, 07:08 PM) View Post
They are definitely not the Ultratech.  Those have a distiguising name plate.  These have CE4000 on they but are grey in color.  As stated before, I have four (4) that are black in color.

You meen four are black and the two newer ones are gray, correct?
Like in this picture?

If not, maybe you can upload a pic of the amps that would show the difference in colors?

#7 Stephane

Stephane

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

Different color here your answer
http://www.crownaudio.com/forums/index.php...9&hl=ce4000