PZM-11LLS2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 XY2

XY2
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

Could you please tell me how to wire the PZM-11LLS2 for phamtom power. I'm using it with a Mackie Mixer and when I wire it like in the brochure, I get a lot of distortion and humming. Is there a possibility to wire it with line inputs with the phamtom power mod and if there is, which would be a better hookup.

#2 MChapman

MChapman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(XY2 @ Aug 31 2006, 07:43 PM)
Could you please tell me how to wire the PZM-11LLS2 for phamtom power. I'm using it with a Mackie Mixer and when I wire it like in the brochure, I get a lot of distortion and humming. Is there a possibility to wire it with line inputs with the phamtom power mod and if there is, which would be a better hookup.
View Post

Lets see if we can spread a little "light: on this situation. The PZM-11LLS2 is a "line level" output device that has been factory modified to run on 12-48V phantom power. The screw terminals are labeled ground, audio +, and audio -. This would translate to SLUR pins 1, 2,& 3. Assuming you have that wired correctly, lets look at the bigger issue. If you are using the PZM-11LLS2 into the XLR connector on a Mackie mixer, you are most likely over driving the mic input with the line level signal. Since you have a Mackie mixer in use, a better choice would have been a standard PZM-11 which is mic level and uses phantom power. The PZM-11LLS2's are generally used in systems where the 2 conductor, shielded wiring already exist's, and cannot be changed easily. They are then powered by stand alone phantom power supplies, before having the signal routed into a line level input.
I hope this info helps.
<span style='color:blue'>J. Mark Chapman
Crown Application Support Technician</span>