• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Adi

Adi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

Hi @all

I use I-Tech with a different brand than JBL (...shame on me)

So my problem is, how can i set the gainstructure for my different system-outputīs?

Are the "dB"īs at the output-scale relative or weighted to "dBu"???

I have to gain the highīs and the midīs -8 dB ; the lowīs must be raise about 3 dB and the subīs need + 5 dB --- that are the controller-settings by the employer
So with an ashley or Bss- DSP i can set the Output-Gainīthe recommended levelīs , but how can i do this in the IQwic -software?

Maybe a stupid question, but i donīt find a answer.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Adi

#2 martyb

martyb
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:30 PM

Adi   The first Eq that you set in the filter settings will control the bandpass output... I found this out by mistake..  but try it!!    Send a tone thru the amp and change the gain on the first filter you add..   Raise it up and down and you will see it controls the band pass output as needed..  Do I assume you have Eaw Kf730 from the boosts and cuts you have???  If so I can send you my wig files of the settings... But I assome no responsibility for the settings and would ask you to be sure of all required settings to make sure they are correct....

hope this helps

QUOTE(Adi @ May 11 2005, 12:56 PM)
Hi @all

I use I-Tech with a different brand than JBL (...shame on me)

So my problem is, how can i set the gainstructure for my different system-outputīs?

Are the "dB"īs at the output-scale relative or weighted to "dBu"???

I have to gain the highīs and the midīs -8 dB ; the lowīs must be raise about 3 dB and the subīs need + 5 dB --- that are the controller-settings by the employer
So with an ashley or Bss- DSP i can set the Output-Gainīthe recommended levelīs , but how can i do this in the IQwic -software?

Maybe a stupid question, but i donīt find a answer.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Adi
View Post

#3 Adi

Adi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:06 PM

Yes Marty,

wrote you a PM on this @ a different forum  rolleyes.gif

thx

Adi

#4 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

As Martyb pointed out, you can use the gain control on a high pass or low pass filter to do this exact feature. For more information about how to do this in the software there is an Application Guide for I-Tech available on the page http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/itech.htm
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#5 Adi

Adi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

Thanks Brad for your reply!

I download the .pdf and have now something to read.

I let you know, if there are still questions  huh.gif

thx

Adi

#6 paultucci

paultucci
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

Adi,

In firmware version 1.3 there is a new channel gain control available. I believe the range is +/- 24 dB. That is what we are using for a bandwidth level control.  It's the only spot I found to gain gain rather than trimming the other bandwidths back.

Channel 1 (or 2) Gain is what it is called in the pulldown menu.

Tucci