Problem with xti6002 channel attenuator

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rodeoclowns

rodeoclowns
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

I have an xti 6002 connect to mackie 1204 l/r out to input 1/2.
iI have an ipod in channels 5/6, pan up and
amp is running preset DSP OFF(Custom light is on , not preset)

When I turn channel one attenuator up , no sound... When I turn up Channel two I get sound from both speakers(EAW KF300e)

i've powered off amp several times and DSP OFF comes back on(with CUSTOM lit up on left bottom corner...

If I connect to amp with HIQnet can I do a factory default settings reload??

I read manual about chennel 1 ouput having setting with speakon to two speakers with 4 pin speakon connector...

I'm at wits end ....What am I overlooking

Thanks in advance,

John

#2 rodeoclowns

rodeoclowns
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

When I physically unplugged input and speaker cables...powered off amp and back on...DSO FF came back and preset was lit..

1 cable has 1=,1- and other has 2=,2- ...They were wired by sound company here in MA to support KF300e speakers in full range..

That's what I was told... I have not tried "normal" cable hookup to other speakers I have (EV Eliminators I's, JBL MR125's

John

I also connected amp to PC w/HiQnet and ran firmware update... AMP rebooted and DSP OFF back on with custom lit(no cables attached) except power cord and ethernet

#3 rodeoclowns

rodeoclowns
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

After several power-ups, the amp wlill come up DSP OFF with PRESET lit, then 3 sec. after jump back to CUSTOM????

What is going on..

#4 rodeoclowns

rodeoclowns
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm beginning to think CHANNEL 1 is kaput!

I've bound new xlr input cables, got new speakon speaker cables(wired 2+, 2-) for KF300e as FULL RANGE...

I still get 2 green lights on both channels but no output when I turn attenuator up.

I'm connecting to a Mackie 1202(left, right) outputs into ch 1, ch2 inputs, then connecting ch1, ch2 outputs inti EAW KF300e FULL RANGE on speakon
connectors

The LCD screen reads DSP OFF, with CH1, CH2 and preset lit.....

What else can I try before bringing 4 month old amp to repair shop and spending $$$ for diagnostics??

Thanks in advance.....

John

I also connected amp to laptop running SYSTEM ARCHITECT and updated firmware , then did a system/factory default restore

#5 rodeoclowns

rodeoclowns
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(rodeoclowns @ Jan 14 2012, 03:31 PM) View Post
I'm beginning to think CHANNEL 1 is kaput!

I've bound new xlr input cables, got new speakon speaker cables(wired 2+, 2-) for KF300e as FULL RANGE...

I still get 2 green lights on both channels but no output when I turn attenuator up.

I'm connecting to a Mackie 1202(left, right) outputs into ch 1, ch2 inputs, then connecting ch1, ch2 outputs inti EAW KF300e FULL RANGE on speakon
connectors

The LCD screen reads DSP OFF, with CH1, CH2 and preset lit.....

What else can I try before bringing 4 month old amp to repair shop and spending $$$ for diagnostics??

Thanks in advance.....

John

I also connected amp to laptop running SYSTEM ARCHITECT and updated firmware , then did a system/factory default restore

#6 rodeoclowns

rodeoclowns
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

I dropped amp off at local CROWN supplier and was informed the software was "stuck" in "Y" mode...After a few button pushes, the software was reloaded and amp is back in DSP OFF, stereo mode..

WIsh I could get those sequence of buttons they pushed..................