• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ijaman

ijaman
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

Hi,

I have just bought an used CE4000 being in perfect condition - at least optically. But when I turn it on both of the "fault" lights keep constantly blinking. Short after turning the amp on you hear a relay switch and immediately switch back.

The result stays the same with pre/speakers connected or nothing connected at all (except the power cord of course).

Any Ideas?

#2 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

Hello,
Unfortunately, some one sold you an amplifier that is in fault mode. If you email me the serial number, I can check the warranty status otherwise this amplifier appears to need to be service.

QUOTE(ijaman @ Sep 21 2005, 02:17 PM)
Hi,

I have just bought an used CE4000 being in perfect condition - at least optically. But when I turn it on both of the "fault" lights keep constantly blinking. Short after turning the amp on you hear a relay switch and immediately switch back.

The result stays the same with pre/speakers connected or nothing connected at all (except the power cord of course).

Any Ideas?
View Post

Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#3 ijaman

ijaman
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:32 AM

Hello,

the S/N: 100754

QUOTE(KGring @ Sep 22 2005, 03:36 PM)
Hello,
Unfortunately, some one sold you an amplifier that is in fault mode. If you email me the serial number, I can check the warranty status otherwise this amplifier appears to need to be service.

Hi,

Any Ideas?
View Post

View Post

#4 doostwa

doostwa
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:34 PM

I am having a similar problem with a CE2000 amp.  When I try to pass signal through it, it just keeps faulting.  It worked fine for a few years and then it started acting up.  I can't remember exactly when I bought the amp but I bought it brand new from Guitar Centera couple of years ago.  Is this easily fixable or does it need to be serviced?
QUOTE(KGring @ Sep 22 2005, 08:36 AM)
Hello,

Hi,

Any Ideas?
View Post

View Post

#5 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:59 PM

Howdy,
Another thing that you can check to see just how old your amp is.
Here is a response by David on how to tell the production date of your Amp:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David said:

The amplifier production date is the 4-digit code that is on the serial number sticker. The middle two digits are the month of manufacture and the outer two are the year. So if the number was something like 0083 the amplifier was manufactured August of 2003. If it was 9119 then it was manufactured November of 1999.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  I hope that helps.
However, your Warranty period actual starts the day that you purchased the amp from a Authorized Representative of Crown.

Happy New Year!
        Bud