help on pureband please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

hi there.! i have just bought 2x xls 2000 amps , i absolutley love then compared to the numark dimensions i was running, i mainly use these at home and do events for freinds and the occasinal club, even let bands plugin through my alesis multimix,
my question is al though i have perfect ear with mixers graphics to get ultimate sound, i am rather preplexed when it comes to the pureband crossover system, not something i really want to be mucking about with when i have a host of other equalizers to play with, so with this in mind can anyone tell if theres a standard setting for this system that just plays out the pure signal as it is ment to be without altering the sound in anyway shape or form, it may seem a silly question to ask but its thrown me as i'm not a sound engineer as such, when i turned on the 1st amp it was set 83hz

please help this englishman under stand in plain english, lol cheers

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 25 2012, 10:31 AM) View Post
hi there.! i have just bought 2x xls 2000 amps , i absolutley love then compared to the numark dimensions i was running, i mainly use these at home and do events for freinds and the occasinal club, even let bands plugin through my alesis multimix,
my question is al though i have perfect ear with mixers graphics to get ultimate sound, i am rather preplexed when it comes to the pureband crossover system, not something i really want to be mucking about with when i have a host of other equalizers to play with, so with this in mind can anyone tell if theres a standard setting for this system that just plays out the pure signal as it is ment to be without altering the sound in anyway shape or form, it may seem a silly question to ask but its thrown me as i'm not a sound engineer as such, when i turned on the 1st amp it was set 83hz

What speakers? Any subs? Other processing units?

#3 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(dakos @ Apr 25 2012, 05:45 PM) View Post

#4 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 26 2012, 08:50 AM) View Post
QUOTE(dakos @ Apr 25 2012, 05:45 PM) View Post

hi there, i'm running peavey rx'2 speakers at 4ohms 500contin, 1000w program, 2000w peak via alexis multi mix usb 8, music source is just my macbook
i may add some subs later in the very same range but i'll be buying 2 other amps to run them,

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 26 2012, 08:53 AM) View Post
hi there, i'm running peavey rx'2 speakers at 4ohms 500contin, 1000w program, 2000w peak via alexis multi mix usb 8, music source is just my macbook
i may add some subs later in the very same range but i'll be buying 2 other amps to run them,

Since you're running them full range then I would just turn the DSP to it's off position, no settings needed.
When you add the subs then we'll need a few settings but that's at a later time.
Enjoy