Tuning an XTI 2000 with JBL MRX 518S Subs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Piotr

DJ Piotr
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

I am a small time mobile DJ and have just recently upgraded my system to include subs.  I purchased a DBX Driverack PA, a Crown XTI 2000 and 2 JBL MRX 518S.  Before I was just using 2 JBL JRX 115's with a Peavey 1500 amp.  

I am just learning about the "full capabilities" of my system and I was wondering if there are any settings or downloads available for the getting the most power out of my new setup or if its just trial and error on the settings. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 HeadlineDJ

HeadlineDJ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

I think you should be able to get the amp DSP settings for your speakers from the JBL website, there or Harmon Pro.

Also if you are going to be using XTi amp/s.. then you may not need the Driverack PA.

Can you list the topology of your intended system?

=========

Kind Regards,

Phil Hulton
HeadlineDJ
UK

HeadlineDJ Website

=========

#3 DJ Piotr

DJ Piotr
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(HeadlineDJ @ Sep 18 2007, 11:35 PM) View Post
I think you should be able to get the amp DSP settings for your speakers from the JBL website, there or Harmon Pro.

Also if you are going to be using XTi amp/s.. then you may not need the Driverack PA.

Can you list the topology of your intended system?

Hi Phil:

Thanks for your reply.  I tried getting the settings but the PDF's are no good on their website.  As to the topology, it's a set of 2 JBL JRX 115's on the top and 2 JBL MRX 518S' on the bottom.  Overall, I think it's a pretty good system for weddings upto 200 people.

By the way, do you know if there is a way of updaating the Driverack PA with the settings?  It does have the JRX settings but not the MRX settings.

Peace,
Peter

#4 HeadlineDJ

HeadlineDJ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for your reply. I tried getting the settings but the PDF's are no good on their website. As to the topology, it's a set of 2 JBL JRX 115's on the top and 2 JBL MRX 518S' on the bottom. Overall, I think it's a pretty good system for weddings upto 200 people.

By the way, do you know if there is a way of updaating the Driverack PA with the settings? It does have the JRX settings but not the MRX settings.

Ahh so you're only going to be using ONE Crown XTi amp then?

Hence the need for the Driverack Pa.

In my mind I would have thought it better to use a second Crown XTi and not use the Driverack, this would also mean your Peavey 1500 amp could be put aside for back-up use only.

However you would still need the correct digital settings for the speakers to enable you to program the DSP correctly.

Since JBL are a part of the Harmon Group I imagine obtaining these should be a simple phone call or email.

The other option is to upgrade the entire sound system to PRX Active speakers.

=========

Kind Regards,

Phil Hulton
HeadlineDJ
UK

HeadlineDJ Website

=========

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:32 AM

Below is a link to the JBL web page with their available tunings. Some are actually files that are downloadable into an amp like the ITechs or the XTi amps others are just the filter and delay settings for manual install into a DSP.

JBL Tunings

smile.gif