Event IDs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 buymysoul

buymysoul
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

I use several CTs2000 amplifiers with the USP3/CN cards with a BSS Soundweb Blu-80 for power testing.

There is a logic source in London Architect called the "Event Log Monitor". I would like to be able to use this logic source to light LEDs when I have driver failures (Load monitoring etc.)

There is a numerical "ID" parameter in the logic device's properties that specifies the type of error that the Amplifier is reporting.

Where would I find a decoder ring for these IDs? I would expect it to look something like this:

ID 1: Clipping Error
ID 2: Load Error

I know that I can use the IQwic Event Log to see these errors, but I would like to be able to set up a nice set of idiot lights for these errors as well.

I appreciate any help with this.

I'm not sure how familiar people are with London Architect, so I have included a description of the Event Log Monitor logic device from that help file.

"The Event Log Monitor Logic Object will monitor any HiQnet device on the network for various events or errors. The Event Log Monitor can monitor any HiQnet devices which are in the design and which output their event log. Currently Crown is the only HiQnet manufacturer to support this. The logic output(s) of the Event Log Monitor will remain low when there are no events coming in from the device. On detection of one of the events whose ID has been entered in the properties, the corresponding output of the monitor will go high. The event log monitor provides a logic output used to drive indicators, presets or other logic objects. One Event Log Monitor is required for each device to be monitored."

And then where it talks about the individual properties of the logic source:

"Category
This sets the category of the event from the devices's event log which can be obtained from the device manufacturer. All Crown events are category 16.

ID
This sets the ID of the event from the devices event log. Each event has an individual ID. These IDs can be obtained from the manufacturer of the device to be monitored."

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:59 PM

I have fowarded your question over to the person here in Crown who is most familiar with London Architect, even though this is a BSS software package. It may take a few days but we will try to get back to you with an answer

#3 buymysoul

buymysoul
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Nov 30 2007, 02:59 PM) View Post
I have fowarded your question over to the person here in Crown who is most familiar with London Architect, even though this is a BSS software package. It may take a few days but we will try to get back to you with an answer

Thanks David, I appreciate your help.

I was told over at the BSSaudio forums to ask here about PIP stuff, so I wasn't sure who to ask about this particular question. I did actually get pointed to an old post over there that had the list though:
http://www.bssaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109
(I've also quoted the list at the bottom of this post)

I couldn't actually get the logic device to work, but maybe I've got some other setting wrong.

Thanks again,

Robin

Category Event String
16 - 1 - CobraNet audio dropout on YYY, bundle ZZZ
16 - 11 - TDH above limit on Channel 1
16 - 12 - TDH above limit on Channel 2
16 - 13 - TDH above limit on Channel 3
16 - 14 - TDH above limit on Channel 4
16 - 15 - TDH above limit on Channel 5
16 - 16 - TDH above limit on Channel 6
16 - 17 - TDH above limit on Channel 7
16 - 18 - TDH above limit on Channel 8
16 - 21 - Excessive Clipping on Channel 1
16 - 22 - Excessive Clipping on Channel 2
16 - 23 - Excessive Clipping on channel 3
16 - 24 - Excessive Clipping on channel 4
16 - 25 - Excessive Clipping on channel 5
16 - 26 - Excessive Clipping on channel 6
16 - 27 - Excessive Clipping on channel 7
16 - 28 - Excessive Clipping on channel 8
16 - 31 - Fault on Channel 1
16 - 32 - Fault on Channel 2
16 - 33 - Fault on Channel 3
16 - 34 - Fault on Channel 4
16 - 35 - Fault on Channel 5
16 - 36 - Fault on Channel 6
16 - 37 - Fault on Channel 7
16 - 38 - Fault on Channel 8
16 - 41 - Load below limit on Channel 1
16 - 42 - Load above limit on Channel 1
16 - 43 - Load below limit on Channel 2
16 - 44 - Load above limit on Channel 2
16 - 45 - Load below limit on channel 3
16 - 46 - Load above limit on channel 3
16 - 47 - Load below limit on channel 4
16 - 48 - Load above limit on channel 4
16 - 49 - Load below limit on channel 5
16 - 50 - Load above limit on channel 5
16 - 51 - Load below limit on channel 6
16 - 52 - Load above limit on channel 6
16 - 53 - Load below limit on channel 7
16 - 54 - Load above limit on channel 7
16 - 55 - Load below limit on channel 8
16 - 56 - Load above limit on channel 8
16 - 61 - Line Voltage Out of Range.
16 - 71 - Power Supply: Temperature above limit.
16 - 81 - Bridge Switch: Has changed positions on the channel 1-2 pair.
16 - 82 - Bridge Switch: Has changed positions on the channel 3-4 pair.
16 - 83 - Bridge Switch: Has changed positions on the channel 5-6 pair.
16 - 84 - Bridge Switch: Has changed positions on the channel 7-8 pair.
16 - 90 - component at max workload
16 - 101 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 1 is not within range of the preferred value.
16 - 102 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 2 is not within range of the preferred value.
16 - 103 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 3 is not within range of the preferred value.
16 - 104 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 4 is not within range of the preferred value.
16 - 105 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 5 is not within range of the preferred value.
16 - 106 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 6 is not within range of the preferred value.
16 - 107 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 7 is not within range of the preferred value.
16 - 108 - The Input Pot Position of Channel 8 is not within range of the preferred value.

#4 buymysoul

buymysoul
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:40 PM

Darn it! I need help again.

I upgraded to the latest firmware on my PIP cards (I was using 2.0.7) and am now able to see errors with the London Architect logic device.

However, my problem now is the list of Errors and the associated IDs I got from BSS don't appear to be correct.

Through some experimentation, I was able to find:

ID 4 - Excessive clipping through Ch2
ID 10 - Load above threshold on Ch2
ID 9 - Load below threshold on Ch2

It would be great if I could get a complete, official list.

Thanks,

Robin

#5 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(buymysoul @ Dec 4 2007, 01:40 PM) View Post
Darn it! I need help again.

I upgraded to the latest firmware on my PIP cards (I was using 2.0.7) and am now able to see errors with the London Architect logic device.

However, my problem now is the list of Errors and the associated IDs I got from BSS don't appear to be correct.

Through some experimentation, I was able to find:

ID 4 - Excessive clipping through Ch2
ID 10 - Load above threshold on Ch2
ID 9 - Load below threshold on Ch2

It would be great if I could get a complete, official list.

Thanks,

Robin

Howdy-

I think that what you are looking for is under Object 16305. It contains the error strings for the devices.

-=Brad

-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/