• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Autopus

Autopus
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

Hi,
     I was wondering if some one could help me.
I have a mixer that supplies its own phantom power. (has 3 inputs: Positive, Negative and ground connection. Manual says it supplies 24v).
I am wondering if I could connect a PZM 10LL directly to this mixer or will there be incompatibility issues?
If so, what would be the proper way to connect it? PZM10LL has 4 wires. red(24vdc), white(aud), Black(aud-), which ones goes to each of the mixers +, -, grnd connections?

Do I have to get PZM 10 (mic Level?) to use with phantom power?

Thanks

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Autopus @ Jul 26 2006, 11:54 AM)
Hi,
     I was wondering if some one could help me.
I have a mixer that supplies its own phantom power. (has 3 inputs: Positive, Negative and ground connection. Manual says it supplies 24v).
I am wondering if I could connect a PZM 10LL directly to this mixer or will there be incompatibility issues?
If so, what would be the proper way to connect it? PZM10LL has 4 wires. red(24vdc), white(aud), Black(aud-), which ones goes to each of the mixers +, -, grnd connections?

Do I have to get PZM 10 (mic Level?) to use with phantom power?

Thanks
View Post

The PZM11LL comes factory wired to use a external 24V AC or 12-24 VDC source. This would connect to the two terminal input connection. (See Fig. 4 of the PZM11LL Datacheet). The output terminals are a balanced line level output and would go to your recording device or mixer.
To convert the PZM-11LL for phantom power usage you would need to open the microphone's electronics and remove the circuit board. On the bottom you will need to move R14 over to the R13 space and R15 to the R16 space.
Phantom power travels over two conductor shielded line from the mixer. So the mic line would then connect to the three terminal output terminals of the microphone.(shield to 1/GND, black to Audio3/- and the white(sometimes red) wire to Audio2/+. The Phantom Power will be passed internally to the microphone electronics via the moved jumpers.
The model PZM-11LLS2 comes pre-configured for phantom power while the PZM-11 uses phantom power (only) and has a microphone level output.
The PZM-10 can be ordered as both a mic level output (PZM-10) or Line Level output (PZM-10LL). However, the PZM-10LL is not convertable between an external power source and phantom power. It only uses an external 12-24v DC power supply. smile.gif