Crown 3600VZ

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sonny

sonny
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I've got a question about the input signals into a Crown 3600VZ.  The 3600 has 2 xlr inputs which are normally used in stereo.  I was wondering if a signal was sent to the chl 1 xlr... could I then link the signal to chl 2 by inserting a TRS into the female input on chl 1... and then link to chl 2.  I am not attempting to bridge or mono parallel.  I just want the signal sent to chl 1 looped to chl 2...

thanks

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(sonny @ Mar 30 2012, 04:33 PM) View Post
I've got a question about the input signals into a Crown 3600VZ.  The 3600 has 2 xlr inputs which are normally used in stereo.  I was wondering if a signal was sent to the chl 1 xlr... could I then link the signal to chl 2 by inserting a TRS into the female input on chl 1... and then link to chl 2.  I am not attempting to bridge or mono parallel.  I just want the signal sent to chl 1 looped to chl 2...

thanks

If you are using the internal PIP effects box then the TRS is NOT just connected in parallel to the XLR, so if you want to loop the signal you have to loop TRS to TRS and NOT TRS to XLR.

If you are NOT using the internal PIP effects box, and you just have the default PIP INTERCONNECT box, then the TRS is just connected in parallel to the XLR, so if you want to loop the signal you can use TRS to TRS or TRS to XLR.