CDi 1000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrB.

MrB.
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hello- New to the forum and hope to get some advise on my 2006 model CDi 1000. Amp is totally dead, ac in and fuse tested good. On further inspection noticed a series of resistors ( R370-R425) to left of power switch have been extremely hot , to the point of not being able to read value color bands. I would think this is not normal and would indicate a problem in this area of the circuit. Where can I obtain the service manual or atleast a schematic for the amp? Thanks

#2 N4BBQ

N4BBQ
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(MrB. @ Feb 21 2012, 03:32 PM) View Post
Where can I obtain the service manual or atleast a schematic for the amp? Thanks

Hi. I have the same amp, but different problem. I've written to customer support to see how to obtain a service manual. I'll let you know what they say. If you find one before I hear back from them, please update your post here.

Thanks,
Phil

#3 N4BBQ

N4BBQ
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(MrB. @ Feb 21 2012, 03:32 PM) View Post
Where can I obtain the service manual or atleast a schematic for the amp? Thanks

I e-mailed tech support and they sent me a schematic. If you're still interested in that, the e-mail address is -> customerservice@harman.com

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Verify the K_Start cap C196. Because of the possible heat generated by the resistors, the cap may dry out. Possibly replace with a 105 type.