cm311 with in ear monitors?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 edkerns1

edkerns1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

I'm a singing drummer and I've been very happy with my crown mic. Now I'm considering going from standard wedge monitors to an in-ear model. I'd like to do this with as few things strapped to my head (and belt) as possible. Do you have any advice regarding the compatibility of the crown mic with in ears? I haven't yet tried anyone's in- ear monitor and am wide open for suggestions. Thank you.  ed

#2 brubart

brubart

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(edkerns1 @ Jul 26 2005, 10:20 PM)
I'm a singing drummer and I've been very happy with my crown mic. Now I'm considering going from standard wedge monitors to an in-ear model. I'd like to do this with as few things strapped to my head (and belt) as possible. Do you have any advice regarding the compatibility of the crown mic with in ears? I haven't yet tried anyone's in- ear monitor and am wide open for suggestions. Thank you.  ed
View Post

Hi Ed,
The CM-311A and CM-311AE are compatible with all in-ear monitors. You will need to wear two beltpacks: one for the mic and one for the IEM receiver. You might want to tape together or twist-tie the mic and IEM cables. Sorry, we can't recommend an IEM model, but there are plenty of opinions on the Web.

Bruce Bartlett
Crown Microphone Engineering