XTi bridge confusion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Logruvz

Logruvz
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

I have had several Crown XTi4000 amps and I am still confused of the bridge mode and how to connect speakers to get the max bridge load. The manual is confusing and very limited in how it describes the modes. Here are my questions.

1). The manual states on pg. 13 that in bridge-mono mode fig. 2.9 shows cable in to input one cable out of output one to sub I got that. I am assumng if the sub is 8ohms then that would get the rated bridged mono power of 2400 from a XTi4000 and if I daisy chained two 8ohm subs that would get 4ohms and 3200 watts correct (1600 per box)?

2). On pg. 24 it says in bridge mode you use both channel inputs and they are mono summed and sent to both outputs. That is totally oppostie of pg. 13???
If that is the case then if Ihook up two 8ohm subs one to each out put is that the same as I described as daisy chaining in question 1 and does that deliver 3200watts total to the two subs which means they get 1600 each? It also says the same for bridge subs except it adds LP filter of 100Hz but when you actually look at that thru Band Manager it is gettin 90 Hz and a HP filter of 20 Hz. The Y shows Ch1 + CH2.

I am confused someone please explain.

Thanx!

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE(Logruvz @ Apr 10 2012, 06:47 AM) View Post
I have had several Crown XTi4000 amps and I am still confused of the bridge mode and how to connect speakers to get the max bridge load. The manual is confusing and very limited in how it describes the modes. Here are my questions.

1). The manual states on pg. 13 that in bridge-mono mode fig. 2.9 shows cable in to input one cable out of output one to sub I got that. I am assumng if the sub is 8ohms then that would get the rated bridged mono power of 2400 from a XTi4000 and if I daisy chained two 8ohm subs that would get 4ohms and 3200 watts correct (1600 per box)?

2). On pg. 24 it says in bridge mode you use both channel inputs and they are mono summed and sent to both outputs. That is totally oppostie of pg. 13???
If that is the case then if Ihook up two 8ohm subs one to each out put is that the same as I described as daisy chaining in question 1 and does that deliver 3200watts total to the two subs which means they get 1600 each? It also says the same for bridge subs except it adds LP filter of 100Hz but when you actually look at that thru Band Manager it is gettin 90 Hz and a HP filter of 20 Hz. The Y shows Ch1 + CH2.

I am confused someone please explain.

Thanx!

The confusion is here, BRG SUBS (page 13) is one of the factory presetst that are available on this amp, every preset sets a few settings on the DSP, 90hz xover, CH1+CH2 and Bridge are all separate settings that are combined into one big factory preset called BRG SUBS.
Hope the confusion is clearer smile.gif