Accessing over the Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KOSI

KOSI
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:40 AM

How can i log into an IQwik Network from a remote location.  I am having an issue at a job site that i would like to correct without the Two hour drive.  The Local IT guy is willing to give me access, i would like to know the best way to do this.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

Probably the best way to do this would be with a VPN connection. Then you are Virtually there in the network. This would have to be setup through the router by the local IT guys. Email me and I will send you some info we have on setting up a VPN connection w/ IQwic.

Note: This information is provided as a service but is not supported beyond its being provided.

#3 DanielSchindler

DanielSchindler
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

Hey, I think the easiest way is to use an remote-desktop-connection to a pc placed in the locations network. IQ-Components are working with mac-adresses. These cannot be routed. The local IT-technicians can create a dynamic adress for the PC, so you can acces it from everywhere in the world without creating a vpn.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(DanielSchindler @ Mar 26 2006, 10:10 AM)
Hey, I think the easiest way is to use an remote-desktop-connection to a pc placed in the locations network. IQ-Components are working with mac-adresses. These cannot be routed. The local IT-technicians can create a dynamic adress for the PC, so you can acces it from everywhere in the world without creating a vpn.
View Post

Yes you can use Remote Desktop or VNC or other similar programs but we do have many people likewise using a VPN connection. smile.gif