my 2 xls 2000 not working in bridge mode?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

hi there, i just received my 2nd els 2000 amp and was wanting to run each off my speakers in bridge mono for each speaker, i have tried various wired up configurations and all it keeps doing is clip with little or no power of sound, i have sent signal direct to amps or has been put through my alexis multi mix 8 which i always ran perfectly with my unmark dimension 4 amp in mono bridge without this problem
only way i seem to get my speakers working properly is in stereo, i have tried it in all by pass modes as well
any ideas why it doesn't work ? i'm running peavey hisys rx2's  500w cont, 1000w program 2000w peak, really haven't got a clue what the problem is cheers

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 28 2012, 12:20 PM) View Post
hi there, i just received my 2nd els 2000 amp and was wanting to run each off my speakers in bridge mono for each speaker, i have tried various wired up configurations and all it keeps doing is clip with little or no power of sound, i have sent signal direct to amps or has been put through my alexis multi mix 8 which i always ran perfectly with my unmark dimension 4 amp in mono bridge without this problem
only way i seem to get my speakers working properly is in stereo, i have tried it in all by pass modes as well
any ideas why it doesn't work ? i'm running peavey hisys rx2's  500w cont, 1000w program 2000w peak, really haven't got a clue what the problem is cheers

How did you connect the speaker to the amp? What cable? What connector? And how did you connect the wires to the connector?

What setting did you use on the amp?

#3 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(dakos @ Apr 28 2012, 12:33 PM) View Post
QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 28 2012, 12:20 PM) View Post

How did you connect the speaker to the amp? What cable? What connector? And how did you connect the wires to the connector?

What setting did you use on the amp?

hi i used some heavy duty speakon 4core cables, all connections where made through channel one for inputs and the speakers out, i've done everything it says on the tin to wire it up re the instructions in the book, i just can't understand why its not working, my speakers can handle the amps, and like i said just in case it was the gain on the mixer i also took this out of the link and sent the signal direct, " wasn't my laptop either " as i tried my macbook and a windows laptop which work perfectly, i'm totally mystified

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

No need to be frustrated, on page 4 of the manual, section "Bridge-Mono Mode", I quote:
If using a SpeakonŽ connector, connect the positive terminal of the speaker to 1+ and the negative terminal to 2+. Plug the connector into the Channel 1 output only.

Get back to me if you need more help.

#5 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(dakos @ Apr 29 2012, 11:50 AM) View Post
No need to be frustrated, on page 4 of the manual, section "Bridge-Mono Mode", I quote:
If using a SpeakonŽ connector, connect the positive terminal of the speaker to 1+ and the negative terminal to 2+. Plug the connector into the Channel 1 output only.

god i'm going to sound stupid but don't quite understand that, are you saying i don't just plug in the speakon connectors as normal but have to do something else with them 1st??? as i undo them and rewire or something? i did read that but made little sense to me, as it doesn't picture how to acheve this

#6 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 29 2012, 01:40 PM) View Post

god i'm going to sound stupid but don't quite understand that, are you saying i don't just plug in the speakon connectors as normal but have to do something else with them 1st??? as i undo them and rewire or something? i did read that but made little sense to me, as it doesn't picture how to acheve this

does this mean i have to plug in speakons upside down or take both ends of the speakons and rewire them differently, so as no diagrams in user book finding it are to understand

#7 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 29 2012, 01:52 PM) View Post
QUOTE(athamay @ Apr 29 2012, 01:40 PM) View Post

does this mean i have to plug in speakons upside down or take both ends of the speakons and rewire them differently, so as no diagrams in user book finding it are to understand

ok i've done my homework  on rewiring now and some speak on charts and now understand what i need to do, thank you for your time, i've woken up from the dumb moment now, lol

#8 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

You should rewire only the amp side of the cable.
After that you connect everything normally, amp side of the cable you rewired to CH1 on the amp and the other side of the cable to the speaker.

#9 athamay

athamay
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE(dakos @ Apr 29 2012, 10:59 PM) View Post
You should rewire only the amp side of the cable.
After that you connect everything normally, amp side of the cable you rewired to CH1 on the amp and the other side of the cable to the speaker.

thanx very much for your time, i'll be home wednesday and let you know if i got it all working