XTi 1002 Firmware upgrade failure?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kferrel

kferrel
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Was required to update firmware on some XTi 2's today as part of an install in order to use Band Manager.  3 amps in all.  2 upgraded without issue, the 3rd (a 1002) did the upgrade process, showed reboot and then upon return came up with a blank screen and random LED levels.  Several power cycles did no help.  Did the firmware update fail?  Is there any way to recover this?  Need this amp tomorrow afternoon.

#2 starstreams

starstreams
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(kferrel @ Mar 2 2012, 03:27 PM) View Post
Was required to update firmware on some XTi 2's today as part of an install in order to use Band Manager.  3 amps in all.  2 upgraded without issue, the 3rd (a 1002) did the upgrade process, showed reboot and then upon return came up with a blank screen and random LED levels.  Several power cycles did no help.  Did the firmware update fail?  Is there any way to recover this?  Need this amp tomorrow afternoon.

If you contact Crown about this kferrel, please get back here and let us know the outcome, I'm having similar issues myself. It could be from the firmware update. But I don't know because I'm missing files in the root directory of the Manager software. It makes no sense.

#3 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

In the FAq section, it is mentionned that for the newer XTI series amplifier, to use System Architect instead of Band Manager. Band manager is for the earlier XTI series; It has not been updated for the XTI '02 series.

joust

#4 starstreams

starstreams
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(joust @ Mar 12 2012, 09:34 AM) View Post
In the FAq section, it is mentioned that for the newer XTI series amplifier, to use System Architect instead of Band Manager. Band manager is for the earlier XTI series; It has not been updated for the XTI '02 series.

joust

joust

If you right click on the BandManager2.0.exe, you'll see that the file was created Friday, February 17, 2012 at 7:37:23PM
kferrel posted this on March 12th 2012. One could only assume that he downloaded the software after February which would mean he is using BandManager 2.0. Unless however the software was made available late, which wouldn't surprise me. But kferrel has not specified what software version he is using, I think that kind of matters. kferrel?

Secondly, I think something as important as this should "always" be made more obvious than expecting people to read though though pages of Faq. But it should be there also.
The information below "was" on the software download page but I'm assuming it was added only after they released Band Manager2.0. They should have added this information on the site even before BandManager2.0

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ORIGINAL CROWN XTi SERIES OWNERS:
Any Crown XTi Series amplifier manufactured before September 19, 2006 or having a serial number lower then 800129400 will require a firmware update. For amplifiers built after this date, the firmware has already been loaded at the factory. The amplifier will communicate with Band Manager without any need for any update. The manufacture date and serial number can be found on the rear of the unit.

#5 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

As an addendum to this post, System Architect 3.1 is available to correct some bug issues with the XTI series. And yes, BM2.0 is available (I missed on that update!).