Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(arios312 @ Apr 13 2012, 11:51 PM) View Post
QUOTE(dakos @ Apr 12 2012, 06:07 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Deromax @ Apr 11 2012, 05:30 PM) View Post
He could try to determine the natural rolloff of the 4-10 and use a complementary low pass on the XLS1500 to feed the 18 incher.

That's a great idea smile.gif

@arios312
Could you post a link to your speakers?

It will be on the ampeg website....http://www.ampeg.com/

There are quit a few 4-10 speakers on the ampeg web site so if you want us to help you configuring the amp you need to point us to the exact model speaker you have...

#17 arios312

arios312
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(dakos @ Apr 11 2012, 05:24 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Deromax @ Apr 11 2012, 09:14 AM) View Post
This is a bass guitar rig.  Bass players often runs two different cabs to get the tone they want, presumably with some crossover to split the range between the two cabinets.  The one with the big driver gets the sub lows and the one with the ten inches drivers get the midbass and up.

Unless I have understood the situation wrong!  smile.gif

This bass head doesn't have a crossover and I didn't see any on his gear list so he is running them in plain parallel feeding both of them the exact same signal which means terrible wierd cancellations.

This is correct I am using the preamp from the b2re tho run the xls to the 18" sub

#18 arios312

arios312
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

This is a bass guitar rig.  Bass players often runs two different cabs to get the tone they want, presumably with some crossover to split the range between the two cabinets.  The one with the big driver gets the sub lows and the one with the ten inches drivers get the midbass and up.

This bass head doesn't have a crossover and I didn't see any on his gear list so he is running them in plain parallel feeding both of them the exact same signal which means terrible wierd cancellations.

the y are not running in parallel the b2re is just running the 4-10 and the xls is connected through the preamp of the b2re

#19 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(arios312 @ Apr 14 2012, 12:04 AM) View Post

the y are not running in parallel the b2re is just running the 4-10 and the xls is connected through the preamp of the b2re

As long as you feed them the same signal, that's still parallel!!