11 replies to this topic

#1 Schmuck

Schmuck

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

I see the front panel lockout option and understand how this works etc, but I am also wondering about what possibilities there are about locking out certain sections of the filters/signal path so that a bank of presets can be accessed and some things changed but not all.  

I also assume the password option in the iq/wiq software works on the front panel lockout.  What else does it password protect?  

Apologies if all these answers are somewhere I should have read already.  I have been working my way thru the itech forums, and read most of the itech manual, but I have missed some of this stuff

David

edit - I am using IT4k's and 6k's fyi.

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

Sorry for the delay in the answer. I personally am not 100% sure the exact implementation of this feature so before I tell you what I think it does, I want to get you a solid answer.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:29 AM

Here we go. I hope you got your seat belts on?

The front panel Lock Out is just an “OOP’s I pushed a button” or an “OOP’s I moved the level control” Lock Out. It basically locks the Front Panel controls from being accidentally moved but doesn’t use any passwords. Having a password here would take to long in the middle of a show to make a change.

The software Front Panel Lock Out basically does the same thing locking the front panel controls. However you cannot unlock the Front panel Controls, from the amplifiers front panel, if the software Front Panel Lock has been engaged. When this feature is engaged and you try to make a change by the front panel controls a pop up window on the amplifier’s display opens stating that the amplifier is remotely locked out.

There are several levels of password security in the software having to do with levels of operation and the abilities to make changes in a control/ monitoring file.

Each I-Tech can also be given a password and it was developed for one if not the largest touring companies. (Sorry can’t say the name biggrin.gif ) It's still a work in progress and that's why it is not supported in the help files yet.

The I-Tech password lock does not give the front panel a password to block people from making certain changes but blocks out certain speaker processing from view. This is so settings like Filters, the Peak Voltage control settings and certain Presets made before the PW lockout cannot be played with in the software or the Front Panel.

*The Peak Voltage limiter will have everything but the “Peak Voltage Threshold” hidden. This may sound strange but the “Peak Voltage Limiter Threshold Limit” control that sets the max limit for the Peak Voltage is hidden. With this max level hidden you can’t go above the Max Limit with the “Peak Voltage Threshold” control as the control will snap back.

*Filters set up in the I-Tech before activating the password will be hidden from view when the password is activated. This is done so specialized settings can be hidden from prying eyes. New filters can still be created though.

*Preset 1 to 5 are also locked out from being saved to. This allows 5 presets to be saved in the amplifier so that they cannot be accidentally saved to. Having these 5 Presets not able to be saved to can be very help full if you have a couple of standard configurations for your system you don’t want people to play with. One of these could even be a blank as a factory default.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

Update:
After further investigation the I-Techs Input Sensitivity is also Locked Out. rolleyes.gif

#5 Hytalbosrah

Hytalbosrah
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:35 AM

My amps are remotely lock and I can't unlock them I bought the from a Crown supplier who had them on show can you help

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Hytalbosrah @ Jan 22 2006, 10:35 AM)
My amps are remotely lock and I can't unlock them I bought the from a Crown supplier who had them on show can you help
View Post

I will email you the proceedure but it will reset the amps to factory default. You will have to reset addressing and reload your programming.

#7 gradyex

gradyex
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 23 2006, 10:08 AM)
View Post

I will email you the proceedure but it will reset the amps to factory default. You will have to reset addressing and reload your programming.
View Post

sad.gif I am having the same problem with my XTi 1000 that I just set up today.  I looked in the manual but there is nothing stated on how to "unlock" this. Basically I can't do anything as far as adjustments go so I am stuck. Would love to know how to unlock it too. Thanks.

#8 jgriggs

jgriggs
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

sad.gif I am having the same problem with my XTi 1000 that I just set up today.  I looked in the manual but there is nothing stated on how to "unlock" this. Basically I can't do anything as far as adjustments go so I am stuck. Would love to know how to unlock it too. Thanks.
View Post

Hold the right two buttons down for about 6 seconds.
During that time, the screen will say locked, it will quit displaying the word locked, and a few seconds later it will say unlocked.
Locking is performed by holding the same two buttons down for the same amount of time.

#9 gradyex

gradyex
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(gradyex @ May 21 2006, 02:39 AM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 23 2006, 10:08 AM)
View Post

View Post

sad.gif I am having the same problem with my XTi 1000 that I just set up today.  I looked in the manual but there is nothing stated on how to "unlock" this. Basically I can't do anything as far as adjustments go so I am stuck. Would love to know how to unlock it too. Thanks.
View Post

Fantastic, it worked! Thanks so much for the imput. I must of accidently pressed the 2 right keys to activate it. I have one more quick question (I am a novice at this so bear with me), if you had one Crown XTi 1000amp, one QSC 3002amp, and one Nandy XA 2100amp, with a stereo signal comming from a Mackie Onyx 1640 using a dbx 234 crossover running 3 speakers, 2 JBL MP415's and one JBL MP418 non powered subwoofer, how would you hook it up?  The speakers have 2 Neutrik inputs each (a top and bottom imput where one can be used to send its imput signal to another speaker). Can you send 2 seperate signals to each speaker (example a high frequency on chanel 2 of the Crown and a low frequency on channel 1 going to the same speaker)? Currently I am running the QSC amp in stereo mode to the 2 JBL MP415's (bypassing the crossover) and the Crown in bridged mode taking the "summed low" signals from the crossover to channel 1.  I am not using the Nandy at all. Any advise would be appreciated and thanks again. Would you use all 3 amps or just 2 and how would you configure them? This is for a small studio in my basement where I use the JBL's mostly for monitoring purposes.  smile.gif

#10 gradyex

gradyex
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(jgriggs @ May 22 2006, 07:24 AM)
sad.gif I am having the same problem with my XTi 1000 that I just set up today.  I looked in the manual but there is nothing stated on how to "unlock" this. Basically I can't do anything as far as adjustments go so I am stuck. Would love to know how to unlock it too. Thanks.
View Post

Hold the right two buttons down for about 6 seconds.
During that time, the screen will say locked, it will quit displaying the word locked, and a few seconds later it will say unlocked.
Locking is performed by holding the same two buttons down for the same amount of time.
View Post

I am sorry the thanks goes to JGRIGGS. See previous post. smile.gif

#11 innovativeit

innovativeit
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 23 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post
View Post

I just started as the new DJ at a club. They fired the other DJ. They have four Crown XTI amps and the other DJ is the only one who knows the password. I went there tonight to see what equipment I would be working with and found these amps setup completly wrong. I tried to change some settings and I could not. I tried to do the soft unlock and did not work becuase I think the amps where setup with pc cia the software or hard lock. I am taking my laptop tommorow to gain access to the amps via software interface to see if I can get in to the amps to set them up correctly. I am not certain if there is a password. If there is a password how can I reset the password? Can I factory reset the amps and gain access? If so how do I do this? I just spent a few hours researching your site and this is the closest I have come to getting an answer please help. I need to know this very very soon as the club is open tommorow night and I think before he left he did all this mess on purpose. Thanks in advance for your help.

#12 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(innovativeit @ Jan 10 2008, 10:37 PM) View Post
QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 23 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post
View Post

I just started as the new DJ at a club. They fired the other DJ. They have four Crown XTI amps and the other DJ is the only one who knows the password. I went there tonight to see what equipment I would be working with and found these amps setup completly wrong. I tried to change some settings and I could not. I tried to do the soft unlock and did not work becuase I think the amps where setup with pc cia the software or hard lock. I am taking my laptop tommorow to gain access to the amps via software interface to see if I can get in to the amps to set them up correctly. I am not certain if there is a password. If there is a password how can I reset the password? Can I factory reset the amps and gain access? If so how do I do this? I just spent a few hours researching your site and this is the closest I have come to getting an answer please help. I need to know this very very soon as the club is open tommorow night and I think before he left he did all this mess on purpose. Thanks in advance for your help.

I will email you directly.