• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 thoff

thoff
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Hello,
i updated quite a few I-Tech amps from FW 1.2 to FW 2.01 last week. I think having 20 Presets and access to the delay setting directly at the amp is nice improvement...
... but i also have a few questions and i hope that somebody has an answer:

1) After the update to FW 2.01 the TCP/IQ Utility (ver 8.0.0.3) shows "*** No OIF file***" under description. Under version it shows "ITA20112", but the firmware date field is blank. Also the amplifiers are not found if i do a discovery from IQwic (also ver 8.x).
Checking the firmware version at the amp (monitor menu) it says: Display: v.2.0.1.12 and DSP: v.2.0112 .... so i assume the update was succesful. So why the strange message behaviour with TCP/IQ Utility and IQwic?
(the amps seem to work fine.)

2) After loading a preset at the amplifier and then cycling power, the amplifier will sometimes return not to the last setting (before powering down) but to the setting that was loaded before recalling the preset. If it does return to the "right" preset the gain attenuation might be different from what is was before powring down.
Has anyone had similar experiences?
Is there a (software) switch to make sure the amp always returns exactly to the same state after cycling power?

3) Where can i find detailed documentation on all the values and settings that are availbale for the I-Tech fw2 to use with the IQwic surface (all the items that show up under "Edit object control list")?
Especially i am looking for a way to display if the "average power limiter" is working or not (like a gain reduction meter). Is there any way to do this?

Thanks + Greetings from Germany!
Tobi

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

1) After the update to FW 2.01 the TCP/IQ Utility (ver 8.0.0.3) shows "*** No OIF file***" under description………

*The “***No OIF file***” found statement indicates that the .oif control file used for that version of firmware was not found by the software so it doesn’t recognize the amp.
When you downloaded the firmware there was also included in the zip file a folder that contained the new .oif files. These files need to copied into the C:\Program Files\IQ Systems\IQwic directory.
(You will need at least the IQwic 8.0 software.)

2) After loading a preset at the amplifier and then cycling power, the amplifier will sometimes return not to the last setting (before powering down) but to the setting that was loaded before recalling the preset. If it does return to the "right" preset the gain attenuation might be different from what is was before powering down………

*After trying this many times I haven’t been able to duplicate this issue.

3) Where can i find detailed documentation on all the values and settings that are availbale for the I-Tech fw2 to use with the IQwic surface (all the items that show up under "Edit object control list")?
Especially i am looking for a way to display if the "average power limiter" is working or not (like a gain reduction meter). Is there any way to do this?

*There isn’t really a detailed description listing available for controllable objects. However a meter can be set up as a “PIP Ouput Gain reduction meter” from the “Edit Object Control List”

#3 thoff

thoff
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

Thank you for the quick answer!
Your hint about the oif-file solved that problem.
Also the PIP output gain reduction meter is exactly what i was looking for.  smile.gif

2) After loading a preset at the amplifier and then cycling power, the amplifier will sometimes return not to the last setting (before powering down) but to the setting that was loaded before recalling the preset. If it does return to the "right" preset the gain attenuation might be different from what is was before powering down………

I've tried this with different I-Techs and i think this problem only occurs with no network connected: I load a preset and exit to the main screen. Then i power down the amp, and after powering up again the amp goes back to the preset that was loaded before (like before the preset recall). Same thing happens to attentuator settings sometimes. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#4 thoff

thoff
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:12 AM

I've tried this with different I-Techs and i think this problem only occurs with no network connected: I load a preset and exit to the main screen. Then i power down the amp, and after powering up again the amp goes back to the preset that was loaded before (like before the preset recall). Same thing happens to attentuator settings sometimes. Any ideas?

Maybe it has something to do with the "Memory Backup Configuration"? With FW 1.2, 1.3 and 2.0 there was a "Memory Backup Enable" in the Object Control List Editor. It is not there anymore in FW2.01.
I've never used this function before, but according to the descritption in the I-Tech Manual this flag could cause the "strange" behaviour.
Is there a way to enable/disable the memory backup with FW2.01?

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(thoff @ Jan 30 2006, 04:07 PM)
Thank you for the quick answer!
Your hint about the oif-file solved that problem.
Also the PIP output gain reduction meter is exactly what i was looking for.  smile.gif

Thanks!
View Post

After getting this further information of the amplifier not having a network connection I have been able to duplicate this issue with firmware version 2.0.1.12 and have reported it as a bug to our engineers.
I will let you know what they come up with as soon as I have an answer.

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(thoff @ Jan 31 2006, 04:12 AM)

Maybe it has something to do with the "Memory Backup Configuration"? With FW 1.2, 1.3 and 2.0 there was a "Memory Backup Enable" in the Object Control List Editor. It is not there anymore in FW2.01.
I've never used this function before, but according to the descritption in the I-Tech Manual this flag could cause the "strange" behaviour.
View Post

"Memory Backup Enable" is still in the .oif file but we are now filtering it out in the "Object Control Editor List" as it is something that could cause major issues if it were accidentally set to Off. When the Memory Backup Enable is Off the amplifier will revert to the factory default settings. That is to say there would be no settings like filters, limiters etcetera and the level controls would be turned up so the amp would be passing full range. This is not something that most people want their amp to revert to when they power down their system.

#7 thoff

thoff
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 1 2006, 01:45 PM)

View Post

"Memory Backup Enable" is still in the .oif file but we are now filtering it out in the "Object Control Editor List" as it is something that could cause major issues if it were accidentally set to Off. When the Memory Backup Enable is Off the amplifier will revert to the factory default settings. That is to say there would be no settings like filters, limiters etcetera and the level controls would be turned up so the amp would be passing full range. This is not something that most people want their amp to revert to when they power down their system.
View Post

Hello David,
i was wondering if there is any progress on this topic?

As you wrote above most people don't want the amp to revert to something different after cycling power...
Right now it is more or less unpredictable to say what preset will be loaded after powring up the amp. As I described above the amp switches back to some random preset after cycling power (with no network connection).
I would call this bug quite dangerous!

Please let me know if there is a solution to avoid this problem.... if not i think i have to downgrade the firmware back to 1.3 .... i guess i also have to rewrite all my presets, right?

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Germany!
Tobi

#8 ollie

ollie
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE(thoff @ Feb 26 2006, 08:58 PM)

View Post

View Post

Hello David,

As you wrote above most people don't want the amp to revert to something different after cycling power...
Right now it is more or less unpredictable to say what preset will be loaded after powring up the amp. As I described above the amp switches back to some random preset after cycling power (with no network connection).

Please let me know if there is a solution to avoid this problem.... if not i think i have to downgrade the firmware back to 1.3 .... i guess i also have to rewrite all my presets, right?

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Germany!
Tobi
View Post

Hi Tobi, David

I have the same issue with the powering down and back up and it's really the reason, why we can't use it on touring. I would be really glad, if we would have a fast solution.

BTW: How do you link the 2 Gain Attenuators in SA?

Thanks
Oliver

-----------------------------------------------------------
Dr.W.A. Günther Audiosystems AG
Oliver Bachmann
Applications Engineer

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(thoff @ Feb 26 2006, 01:58 PM)

View Post

View Post

Hello David,

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Germany!
Tobi
View Post

It has been reported to our engineering department as a bug and I talked to them again on it yesterday. They are looking into it and hope to have it resolved soon. smile.gif

#10 Schmuck

Schmuck

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:00 PM

I noticed this too.  If I had the amp just plugged into the switch, it would load fine.  So a temporary work around could be having switches in all the racks.  So this is probably still something related to the network card right?  Similar to that old bug that wouldn't let the amp work right w/o it being plugged into the network?

#11 mescada

mescada
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 28 2006, 10:04 AM)

View Post

View Post

Hello David,

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Germany!
Tobi
View Post

It has been reported to our engineering department as a bug and I talked to them again on it yesterday. They are looking into it and hope to have it resolved soon. smile.gif
View Post

Hi David, our amps have exactly the same problems as described formerly on this topic, please advise if we need to downgrade all the amps we have, a total of 52, or if we should wait for a solution from the engineeering departement soon. We are starting to have lots of work, so this is a BIG problem, as we rely on the dsp of the amps to do all the systems alignment and tuning.
Also, as a sugestion, it will be a good ideia that you advise your customers in this matter, I wouldn't know about it if I didn't browse this forum ocasionnaly.
Are you going to Frankfurt Musik Messe? I'm going to be there and discuss some details with you.
Best regards

#12 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(mescada @ Mar 8 2006, 10:50 AM)

View Post

View Post

Hello David,

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Germany!
Tobi
View Post

View Post

Hi David, our amps have exactly the same problems as described formerly on this topic, please advise if we need to downgrade all the amps we have, a total of 52, or if we should wait for a solution from the engineeering departement soon. We are starting to have lots of work, so this is a BIG problem, as we rely on the dsp of the amps to do all the systems alignment and tuning.
Also, as a sugestion, it will be a good ideia that you advise your customers in this matter, I wouldn't know about it if I didn't browse this forum ocasionnaly.
Are you going to Frankfurt Musik Messe? I'm going to be there and discuss some details with you.
Best regards
View Post

All I can say is the next firmware version will be out soon and the engineers are working on the fix.
I am sorry to say I have never been to Musik Messe and will not be there again this year.

#13 mescada

mescada
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Mar 8 2006, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE(mescada @ Mar 8 2006, 10:50 AM)

View Post

View Post

Hello David,

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Germany!
Tobi
View Post

View Post

Best regards
View Post

All I can say is the next firmware version will be out soon and the engineers are working on the fix.
I am sorry to say I have never been to Musik Messe and will not be there again this year.
View Post

Ok David, thank you, we will be waiting for the fix
regards

#14 though

though
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:12 PM

i would also like to say that i find the bug VERY annoying.  i run 4 itech's @ every gig and it gets very, very annoying having to reset the gain manually at the beginning of the night (instead of the amp remembering it after last power down from the previous night).

please, please, PLEASE fix!

#15 though

though
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

just a quick update to let you know that firmware 2.03 has been released.  when you power cycle an amp now, the amp gain is at the same level it was before it was cycled.  works for me biggrin.gif