• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lilbphotoman

lilbphotoman
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:45 AM

AHHH! huh.gif

Ok so what voodoo magic do I have to perform to get more than one XTI amp to connect to my computer.  huh.gif  I have both of them plugged in and I can turn one on at a time and control them, but as soon as I turn more than one on the computer instantly blue screens.  I have updated the amp firmware to 1.1.1.10 and am running the System Architect 1.30.0.0.  I have changed the addressing as is directed here http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/cdi-dsi-...ware-update.htm.

I have seen some talk of needing a USB hub, is that absolutely required for it to work or can I not just use multiple ports on my computer.

Additionally, where and in what instruction manual is any of this really documented well, I've had to search around the internets way too much I feel. mad.gif

Thanks!
Jason wacko.gif

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:41 AM

It sounds like an independent and different HiQnet address was not given to each amp.

With the Networking wizard open and running in Sys. Arch. plug one amp into a USB Port. It should show up and be identified with its HiQnet address.make note of this address.

Unplug the first amps USB connection, close and reopen the Network Wizard.

Plug in the USB connections of the second amp it should show up and be identified with its HiQnet address. These two HiQnet Addresses should be different. If they are not then change one of them to a different address.

The computer may also not have enough USB BUS power to drive two of the amplifier USB connections. You may need to use a self powered HUB one that uses a wall adapter to power the USB Port connections independent of the BUS from the computer.

#3 digimax

digimax
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

I am having the same problem with my xti's.  I loaded the newest firmware and assigned a different address to all of them. If I plug them in one at a time they show up as different amps and I can make every adjustment.  When I plug in a second amp at the same time it crashes my computer. I have tried a hub with a power supply' and have plugged directly into two usb port in the computer the same thing happens.  I have tried three different computers with the same result. any help would be greatly appreciated       Thanks

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:07 PM

When updating the amps did you go from the non Sys. Arch. firmware to the latest version using Cloader or use Sys. Arch. to upgrade to the latest firmware version?

Also we would like you to do the following:

-Connect one amplifier at a time to the computer and run SA.
-When the Xti, CDi, or DSi shows up, click the amps icons to highlight it.  
-On the Menu select "Tools" and in the drop down select "Network Wizard...".  The Network wizard will pop up and there you can read the serial number of every USB Amp that is connected.  It is under "ID".  
Note: This is the MAC address for network based products but is a Serialized number for USB based products.
-Write down the serial number.
Perform the above procedure for each amp and PM me with the results.

#5 lilbphotoman

lilbphotoman
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

I think I used System Architect to do it initially as I read that as being the way to do it. But I have used the Cloader program later as well.
But the directions for using CLoader tell you to use a .hex file. I cant seem to find one, but there is a .s file (XTI11110.s) which loads.

The devices MAC addresses are
     0000.0022.0886     and
     0000.0022.052e

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 30 2007, 02:07 PM)
When updating the amps did you go from the non Sys. Arch. firmware to the latest version using Cloader or use Sys. Arch. to upgrade to the latest firmware version?

Also we would like you to do the following:

-Connect one amplifier at a time to the computer and run SA.
-When the Xti, CDi, or DSi shows up, click the amps icons to highlight it. 
-On the Menu select "Tools" and in the drop down select "Network Wizard...".  The Network wizard will pop up and there you can read the serial number of every USB Amp that is connected.  It is under "ID". 
Note: This is the MAC address for network based products but is a Serialized number for USB based products.
-Write down the serial number.
Perform the above procedure for each amp and PM me with the results.
View Post

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:25 AM

The reason I ask about the updating is to find out if the unit(s) were updated from the first release of non Sys. Arch firmware or if Sys. Arch was used to update the unit(s) from a firmware that already could be seen by Sys. Architect.

If you have a unit that was already able to be seen by System Arch. or one that was upgraded so it is able to be seen by System Arch. then you do not need to use CLoader. After the unit can be seen by Sys. Arch updated releases of Sys. Arch will contain any firmware updates and Sys. Arch should be used from that point on to update the amps. The .s file is a special file used by our production process that allows code to be just blown in bypassing other proceedures.

#7 lilbphotoman

lilbphotoman
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:19 PM

What about the MAC addresses? Were you just checking that they were different?

#8 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(lilbphotoman @ Feb 1 2007, 09:19 PM)
View Post

The addrssses for the XTI/CDi/DSi may look like a MAC address but they are actually a serialized ID that is used by MS Windows via the USB Port. Likewise it is not the amplifiers serial number. Mac addresses are only used by an Ethernet network. Our engineers are looking at several things right now and needed to know a little more about the amp(s) you have.
We are narrowing in on it and as soon as we know something I will let you know.
As far as we can tell it is not our issue directly but more than likely related to a little known MS Windows USB bug that we need to find a work around.

#9 digimax

digimax
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

Has anyone tried the Anywhere USB with the xti's? since the problem appears to be MS windows to USB. Would the same conflict be present in the anywhere USB since it is connected to windows via ethernet.  Just a thought.    Thanks
Gary Davis  Digimax Productions

#10 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(digimax @ Feb 6 2007, 03:59 PM)
Has anyone tried the Anywhere USB with the xti's? since the problem appears to be MS windows to USB. Would the same conflict be present in the anywhere USB since it is connected to windows via ethernet.  Just a thought.    Thanks
Gary Davis  Digimax Productions
View Post

Even though the Anywhere USB transport is Ethernet the devices and the way MS Windows handles USB is still the issue so the problem would probibly still exists. Our apologies we can not test the Anywere USB right now but as soon as we have a Windows work around I will go back and re-review the device. smile.gif

#11 lilbphotoman

lilbphotoman
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 5 2007, 02:57 PM)
View Post

The addrssses for the XTI/CDi/DSi may look like a MAC address but they are actually a serialized ID that is used by MS Windows via the USB Port. Likewise it is not the amplifiers serial number. Mac addresses are only used by an Ethernet network. Our engineers are looking at several things right now and needed to know a little more about the amp(s) you have.
As far as we can tell it is not our issue directly but more than likely related to a little known MS Windows USB bug that we need to find a work around.
View Post

Where are they at getting this fixed? Im getting close to another show and im getting itchy fingers to use this things with all their bells and whistles.

thanks.

#12 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(lilbphotoman @ Feb 19 2007, 11:19 PM)
View Post

View Post

Where are they at getting this fixed? Im getting close to another show and im getting itchy fingers to use this things with all their bells and whistles.

thanks.
View Post

We have this issue fixed and it will becoming out in the next release of firmware shortly.
The engineers want to address a few other things in this release before posing it.

#13 digimax

digimax
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 22 2007, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE(lilbphotoman @ Feb 19 2007, 11:19 PM)
View Post

View Post

thanks.
View Post

We have this issue fixed and it will becoming out in the next release of firmware shortly.
The engineers want to address a few other things in this release before posing it.
View Post

I Loaded the 1.1.2.9 firmware update. The multiple usb problem seems to be solved, I am using it on eight amps but my problem now is that the sync divice dialog box randomly pops up, even when there is no activity. It randomly jumps between each of the eight amps. I loaded the firmware and watched the amps with no sound and no changes to anything and the dialog boxes just kept on coming up. I checked yes to all each time. and waited , sometimes it would only take a few seconds and other times it may wait up to ten minutes before it would pop up again. It even poped up once while I was adjusting an EQ. the sinc divice box was  for a different amp than I was working on.  Could be anoying if it happened during a live show, because it covers up the box you already have open.   Has anyone else had this problem.  
Thanks,   Gary

#14 digimax

digimax
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:37 AM

sad.gif I posted my problem over a month ago about the sync divice  pop up with no response.  Am I the only one having this problem.
Digimax

#15 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(digimax @ Apr 17 2007, 01:37 AM) View Post
sad.gif I posted my problem over a month ago about the sync divice  pop up with no response.  Am I the only one having this problem.
Digimax

Basically what is happening is the amps are dropping off line and as they come back on line the software needs to sync to them.
Here are a few things to check:

*Verify each amp has a different HiQnet address. By default when a new USB XTi/CDi/DSi is plugged in System Architect wants to address it as address 1 duplicate address could cause syncing issues.

*Make sure you are using a powered USB HUB (one that uses an external power supply and doesn't draw its power from the USB connection) and that it is switched to be self powered.
If the USB HUB is not self powered the amps could loose connection randomly causing the issue you are describing.