Refrence Series

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bwilson

bwilson
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:46 PM

mad.gif The Crown Reference 1 and 2. Why did crown discontinue such an amazing amplifier?

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:30 AM

The amplifiers were discontinued after much review of the trends and sales records. While there were many people who love the amplifier, including me, the order rate was such that it did not make sense to keep manufacturing them.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 bwilson

bwilson
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(Brad Benn @ Sep 6 2005, 08:30 AM)
The amplifiers were discontinued after much review of the trends and sales records. While there were many people who love the amplifier, including me, the order rate was such that it did not make sense to keep manufacturing them.
View Post

So now all they have to offer for the studio market are those crappy k2's! O well, I guess I'll have to keep searching ebay for used ones or go with a different brand amplifier. Maybe after time (approx.1 year) they may research the market and release a piece of gold again.

#4 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(bwilson @ Sep 6 2005, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE(Brad Benn @ Sep 6 2005, 08:30 AM)
View Post

So now all they have to offer for the studio market are those crappy k2's! O well, I guess I'll have to keep searching ebay for used ones or go with a different brand amplifier. Maybe after time (approx.1 year) they may research the market and release a piece of gold again.
View Post

What is the issue you have with K2? Also you may want to look at the D series if you do not need a large amount of power. You can also always contact Crown to see if there are any category product available.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:36 AM

We have many people that have and use the K series for studio application. The K series even uses the same input circuitry as that the Studio Refs used as well as having no fan at all. Since the sleep mode timing circuit was extended out, several years ago, we have had little to no issues on the Kseries.

#6 bwilson

bwilson
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Sep 8 2005, 10:36 AM)
We have many people that have and use the K series for studio application. The K series even uses the same input circuitry as that the Studio Refs used as well as having no fan at all. Since the sleep mode timing circuit was extended out, several years ago, we have had little to no issues on the Kseries.
View Post

OK