Firmware update prbolems with USP3/CN and IqWic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jdat

jdat
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

I have 8 CTs 2000 amps with USP3/CN cards and 2 ITech 6000 amps with cobranet.
I sucessfuly update ITech firmware with System archhitect, but can't upgrade firmware for USP3/CN cards.
I tryed upgrade with system Architect, with TCP/IQ utility, with Crown firmware utility and also with cobranet Discovery utility.
All software said that can't find files for upgrade. I thyed to put files from  firmware downloads in crown Forum, also i tryed to use files from cobranet discovery web site. i puttet .BIN filed in Cobranet discovery firmware folder. I tryed all combinations (I hope) , but without results.
What I an doing wrong?

I have System architect v1.40, iqWic v8.2.1.1, Cobranet discovery v3.4.2
Also I have 8 amps with Crown USP3/CN CobraNet version 2.9.11 CM-1(m) rev 3 (Cobranet discovery information),

USP3/CN v2.01 Version:PSN20112 (TCP/IQ information).

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(jdat @ May 12 2007, 12:42 PM) View Post
I have 8 CTs 2000 amps with USP3/CN cards and 2 ITech 6000 amps with cobranet.
I sucessfuly update ITech firmware with System archhitect, but can't upgrade firmware for USP3/CN cards.
I tryed upgrade with system Architect, with TCP/IQ utility, with Crown firmware utility and also with cobranet Discovery utility.
All software said that can't find files for upgrade. I thyed to put files from  firmware downloads in crown Forum, also i tryed to use files from cobranet discovery web site. i puttet .BIN filed in Cobranet discovery firmware folder. I tryed all combinations (I hope) , but without results.
What I an doing wrong?

I have System architect v1.40, iqWic v8.2.1.1, Cobranet discovery v3.4.2
Also I have 8 amps with Crown USP3/CN CobraNet version 2.9.11 CM-1(m) rev 3 (Cobranet discovery information),

You don't say if the devices are showng up in any of the software and if you have communication with them. Using the TCP/IQ Utility program make sure you have first given each of them an IP address, an IQ address and Subnet address that the computer can communicate to them with. If everything is good you should have a check mark in the TCP column check box. (See STN005 on Addressing).

The software is indicating that there is no file that it knows as firmware in the location you directed it to.

IQ will use a file that that will be named something like PSH2076.bin for the USP3 and USP3CN and IPL2076.bin for the PIP-Lite. These file will be stored where ever you unzip then to. Device firmware will not update the CobraNet firmware.

CobraNet firmware is different than the Device firmware and only updates the CobraNet section of the device. Once new firmware is downloaded
it needs to be unzipped into the C:\Program Files\Cirrus Logic\CobraNet Discovery\firmware were the Disco program can find it. If available newer CN firmware should be done first before installing any newer device firmware. (See STN015 on CN firmware updating)

System Architect will do everything for you automatically and you should never even need to know what the file is named. However, the files use a .bnd extention and contains the same .bin files as mentioned above. These files are located in the C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\System Architect\FirmwareUpdates folder. Firmware is updated through the "Firmware Update" manager located in the Tools option of the main menue bar.

#3 jdat

jdat
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:12 AM

Yes, yes, teoreticaly sounds great.
System architect (now v1.50) don't want to upgrade firmware.
As allways, I uninstalled previous Sys Architect vesion and Cobranet discovery before install new one.
As I first time open Sys Architect (v1.50) make necessery network settings (correct net card etc...)
Architect found all my amps (8 CTs200 with USP3/CN and 2 I-Tech 6000) and asking to upgrade firmware.
I-Tech are upgrading normally, CTs isn't. Why? You told that sys Architect will do all "dirty job".
Teoreticaly my mistake it that, I am upgrading thru ethernet switch and not directly thru x-over cable between USP3/CN and Laptop.

I can control amps form IQwic with old firmware.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(jdat @ Nov 4 2007, 09:12 AM) View Post
As allways, I uninstalled previous Sys Architect vesion and Cobranet discovery before install new one.
As I first time open Sys Architect (v1.50) make necessery network settings (correct net card etc...)
Architect found all my amps (8 CTs200 with USP3/CN and 2 I-Tech 6000) and asking to upgrade firmware.
I-Tech are upgrading normally, CTs isn't. Why? You told that sys Architect will do all "dirty job".
Teoreticaly my mistake it that, I am upgrading thru ethernet switch and not directly thru x-over cable between USP3/CN and Laptop.

What old firmware is in the PIP cards?
If it is 1.xxx firmware the amps will not be seen by System Architect as Sys. Architect requires 2.xxx firmware. If the amplifier PIPs use a 1.xxx firmware you will need use the TCP/IQ Utility to upgrade them to a 2.xxx firmware first. Then System Architech will be able to do their upgrades from that point.

You should be able to use either a switch or go directly with a x-over cable it will make no difference.

#5 jdat

jdat
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Nov 6 2007, 05:26 PM) View Post
QUOTE(jdat @ Nov 4 2007, 09:12 AM) View Post

What old firmware is in the PIP cards?
If it is 1.xxx firmware the amps will not be seen by System Architect as Sys. Architect requires 2.xxx firmware. If the amplifier PIPs use a 1.xxx firmware you will need use the TCP/IQ Utility to upgrade them to a 2.xxx firmware first. Then System Architech will be able to do their upgrades from that point.

You should be able to use either a switch or go directly with a x-over cable it will make no difference.

as I said in first post:
I have 8 amps with Crown USP3/CN CobraNet version 2.9.11 CM-1(m) rev 3 (Cobranet discovery information),