2 replies to this topic

#1 crownsound

crownsound

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

I have a two pairs of vintage crown MX-4 crossovers, which are stellar sounding units, but I am wondering if they could be modified to have a total of +20db of input gain, instead of +10db?

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:28 PM

It is what it is.  sad.gif  We don't have a Service Bullitin or Tech Note that would describe how to do such a mod, if it were possible.

There are a few original service manuals left in out parts department with schematics if you would like to try a mod on your own. biggrin.gif

#3 crownsound

crownsound

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Oct 4 2005, 03:28 PM)
It is what it is.  sad.gif  We don't have a Service Bullitin or Tech Note that would describe how to do such a mod, if it were possible.

There are a few original service manuals left in out parts department with schematics if you would like to try a mod on your own. biggrin.gif
View Post
OK, thank you Mr. Glass. Now I can see the thread. I will call Crown directly, and order the service manual! I will then have a serious technician look at it and tell me if it can be done! FWIW, one pair of my MX-4,s were modified years ago by Walter Boho, he changed the slopes, 12db/octave on sub and LF outs! Works very well, I might add!

Thank you.