Crown 8089 Model info?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sheilaqb

sheilaqb
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:17 AM

Athletic Director from a school called today and wants to install new speakers.  The school sound system is probably 25 Yrs old, has a Dukane mixer and what he described as a Crown 8089 Amp.  Was wondering if anyone had any info  or  correct model number.  They have little money and don't want to replace the front end yet.  Thanks.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:36 AM

I don't recognize this model number as being anything we made or even being something we may have made by our former industrial amplifier division Techron.

Is there anything printed on the front of the amplifier besides Crown?
The model number will also be printed someplace on the back of the amp-not on the serial number sticker.

#3 sheilaqb

sheilaqb
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for answering so quickly.  I called the customer back and he found PH-4 on the back of the amp.  Any further info would be appreciated.  

QUOTE(DGlass @ Oct 5 2005, 11:36 AM)
I don't recognize this model number as being anything we made or even being something we may have made by our former industrial amplifier division Techron.

The model number will also be printed someplace on the back of the amp-not on the serial number sticker.
View Post

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(sheilaqb @ Oct 5 2005, 12:42 PM)
Thanks for answering so quickly.  I called the customer back and he found PH-4 on the back of the amp.  Any further info would be appreciated. 

View Post

View Post

The PH-4 as well as it's later sister the PH-4B were a four channel Phantom Power Supply.  The unit was designed to go between the mixer/preamp and the mics to provide phantom power to Condenser microphones when it wasn't available from a mixer/preamp.

I am including the link for the PH-4B data sheet on our web site.

http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/mics/125519.pdf

The PH-4B was discontinued earlier this year.

#5 "duke' spinner

"duke' spinner
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(sheilaqb @ Oct 5 2005, 01:42 PM)
Thanks for answering so quickly.  I called the customer back and he found PH-4 on the back of the amp.  Any further info would be appreciated. 

View Post

View Post

an #8084, is a Techron "d75"

so ...perhaps your amp is a DC150