soldering CM-30

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Heeyoun

Heeyoun
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

I'm CM-30 (warranty expired)user in Korea. Our church is now under construnction for remodeling and a few days ago someone cut the wire of CM-30 by mistake.
Unfortunately the cutting point is very close to mic's head unit. I think the best way to reconnect is soldering and need some information about it.
How to solder mic's circuit and wire ( shield, red, white ) ?

I'd like to send it Crown service center.. but have to make a dicision between buying new one and reparing it just now !

Thanks in advance.  wink.gif

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

Although it is best to get the microphone in for service attached is a diagram and instructions for removing the CM-30 capsule.
However, it should be noted that applying too much heat to the capsule, when soldering the wires, can cause damage so be careful doing this yourself. Also take note that the small set screws are loosened when disassembling and assembling the capsule. If they are not you can twist the wires off of the capsule when removing the head housing.

Attached Files

#3 Heeyoun

Heeyoun
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 8 2008, 03:18 AM) View Post
Although it is best to get the microphone in for service attached is a diagram and instructions for removing the CM-30 capsule.
However, it should be noted that applying too much heat to the capsule, when soldering the wires, can cause damage so be careful doing this yourself. Also take note that the small set screws are loosened when disassembling and assembling the capsule. If they are not you can twist the wires off of the capsule when removing the head housing.

Thank you very much!! Really really appreciate it.