• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 josh79

josh79
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:25 AM

Hi there.
I'm a user of usp3/cn on our old MA series. And we've been used them as cobranet network, and made  analog backup also.
One day there's some problem on one of our amp's LAN cable, and the sound had gone. Analog backup didn't work.
Somebody told me that the Analog backup works at the time when the primary and secondary cobranet has problems in mechanically.

I wanna know the truth.

Thank you
Joshua Kim

#2 Robson

Robson

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(josh79 @ Apr 23 2008, 02:25 AM) View Post
Hi there.
I'm a user of usp3/cn on our old MA series. And we've been used them as cobranet network, and made  analog backup also.
One day there's some problem on one of our amp's LAN cable, and the sound had gone. Analog backup didn't work.
Somebody told me that the Analog backup works at the time when the primary and secondary cobranet has problems in mechanically.

I wanna know the truth.

Thank you
Joshua Kim

On the USP3CN cards, you can set the inputs up as 'Cobranet with analogue backup'. This will mean that if you lose the Ethernet then the amplifier inputs will switch to whatever audio is on the analogue inputs.

The only reason it would not work is if the above setting was not used, or if there was no audio on the analogue input when the LAN went down. Where is the analogue backup coming from on the system?

Cheers

Rob

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

In CobraNet with Analog Backup the input takes as its source the CobraNet signal for as long as the CobraNet Bundle Status of the CobraNet Bundle routed to the selected CobraNet Input remains high.
It switches to using the selected Analog Source if that CobraNet Bundle Status goes low.
Likewise, it will immediately switch back to the selected CobraNet source once that CobraNet Bundle Status is found to be high again.
This control uses the bundle status itself. If the bundle is active but contains silence, the CobraNet input will still remain active.