• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 craigmont

craigmont
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:08 PM

Hello-

I see that JBL is releasing Version 4 Vertec settings for I-Tech amps.  Can I use the same settings for CTS series amps with PIP USP3 cards?

Craig Montgomery

www.thetripledoor.net

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

If you use the actual filter parameters and insert them manually everything will be fine. If what is provided, by JBL, is a file to load into an ITech you will need to manually look at all the settings and manually put then into the USP-3 - as the USP-3 is a different device than the ITech.

#3 magicalmatt1

magicalmatt1
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

I recently updated my inventory of Itechs to V4 for Vertec.  I know as part of the V4 that most of the parameters of the presets are locked.  I was wondering if it is possible to to have the V4 presets loaded onto the amp along with other non-V4 presets (i.e. presets for VRX932) and have those non-V4 presets not be locked.  I have tried to put other presets on the amps along with the V4 and all of them are locked.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks

Matt

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(magicalmatt1 @ Jun 4 2008, 04:24 PM) View Post
I recently updated my inventory of Itechs to V4 for Vertec.  I know as part of the V4 that most of the parameters of the presets are locked.  I was wondering if it is possible to to have the V4 presets loaded onto the amp along with other non-V4 presets (i.e. presets for VRX932) and have those non-V4 presets not be locked.  I have tried to put other presets on the amps along with the V4 and all of them are locked.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks

Matt

I had to load the file and do do some testing myself to see what was happening. With what I have found, and confirmed, I am going to cover your questions as well as some other information that might come up concerning the V4 tunings file.

The way that security has been implemented into the file once the V4 Presets are loaded those settings are locked into the amp. The ability to install another Preset files becomes locked out.

The V4 processing is saved in the "Speaker Processing" block and is locked out on all the preset files so these settings cannot be changed. This not only includes the parameter entry boxes but the Graph as well.
Modifications to a Preset file can be made in the Input Processing block and the changes saved back to that preset or any of the other preset. (see the .pdf README FILE file that comes with the V4 settings). When a modified file is saved to another Preset location the Speaker Processing block is also saved over to the new Preset.
However: YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PRESET TITLE WHEN YOU SAVE TO A DIFFERENT PRESET. If you don't the Preset, which is being copied to, will retain its original name. So… you could save modified settings for a sub to a HI frequency preset and if you don't change the title you may not know this as the Speaker Processing section is blocked out.

Note: Once the V4 settings have been installed into an I-Tech amplifier the amplifier will no longer work with the Crown IQwic software and will only work with Harman Pro System Architect software.

Note: To clear out the V4 settings and return the amp back to no V4 presets you will need to use the “Firmware Updater” in System Architect and reinstall the firmware - basically wiping the amp clean.