3 replies to this topic

#1 drobins

drobins
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:10 AM

new member, first time posting

Morning everyone,
I currently am using 3 CSL-460's in my home theatre setup, but I am thinking of replacing them with 3 KT-1's  so I can have them mounted in the same rack as the rest of equipment (no fans) not to mention much shorter cable runs!

I really like the sound I currently get (SACD's & DVD-A's are truly fantastic)
are there any other members using the K-1's in a theatre setup?

thanks for your time,
Dave

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:52 PM

I use a K-2 for my subs. There are only two things to remember. The first is the K series are convection cooled amplifiers and therefore will need some air around them. So don't put them in a closed rack. Second is they have a sleep mode were the amps will go to sleep, shut off their High Voltage Supply, if they do not see any signal for 56 seconds. However this is usually enough time for an input signal to reoccur and reset the timer. smile.gif

#3 drobins

drobins
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

thanks for your response David,

the front & back of the racks (2) are wide open & I use a dc computer fan to circulate air around my Denon 3801 which I use as a pre-amp, so heat buildup should not be a problem, or I can have them sitting on top of the racksm as it is a designated  ht, not to mention I like looking at the equip as much as the DVD.

I don't see the sleep mode being a problem,

will the K-1's sound as clean as the csl 460's I currently use?
or will they sound as good as the power line 4 (I have 2 of these) which I use for music only in a couple of other rooms in the house.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(drobins @ Jan 19 2006, 04:43 PM)
thanks for your response David,

the front & back of the racks (2) are wide open & I use a dc computer fan to circulate air around my Denon 3801 which I use as a pre-amp, so heat buildup should not be a problem, or I can have them sitting on top of the racksm as it is a designated  ht, not to mention I like looking at the equip as much as the DVD.

I don't see the sleep mode being a problem,

will the K-1's sound as clean as the csl 460's I currently use?
or will they sound as good as the power line 4 (I have 2 of these) which I use for music only in a couple of other rooms in the house.
View Post

It should sound better than the csl460 and as good if not better than the PL4 on Mids and Highs. On subs it will sound better than both as the K series has a much higher Damping Factor. smile.gif