AMCRON GEODYNE II

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:47 AM

DEAR FRIENDS I HAVE AT MY SHOP AN AMCRON GEODYNE II POWER AMP FOR REPAIR. I TRY HARD TO FIND THE SCHEMATICS ON THE WEB BUT I CAN'T FIND IT EVEN ON DISCONTINUED MODELS. DOES ANY OF YOU KNOW WHY? IS IT THERE ANY EQUIVALENT UNDER A DIFFERENT REFERENCE? THANK FOR YOUR TIME

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

I had scanned that info several months ago but for some reason it never made it to the Web site. I have talked to our Tech pubs people and it should be posted by the end of next week.
If you are in a hurry the schematics for the Power Techs should be very close as they were basically the same amplifiers.

#3 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 24 2005, 05:08 PM)
I had scanned that info several months ago but for some reason it never made it to the Web site. I have talked to our Tech pubs people and it should be posted by the end of next week.
If you are in a hurry the schematics for the Power Techs should be very close as they were basically the same amplifiers.
View Post

#4 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:57 AM

Thank you for your time and helpfull answer.

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

The Geodyne information has been posted to the Web site.

#6 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Aug 15 2005, 09:53 PM)
The Geodyne information has been posted to the Web site.
View Post

DEAR DAVID:

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME ON MY GEODYNE PROBLEM. IT IS A REAL PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH SUCH A PROFESIONAL PEOPLE, NOT VERY EASY TO FIND NOWADAYS. I HAVE NOW THE TECHNICAL DOCS I NEEDED. JUST ONE COMMENT, THE LINK TO THE USER MANUAL DOC MUST BE MISTAKING BECAUSE ANYTIME I PRESSED IT, TAKES ME TO THE GEODYNE I SERVICE MANUAL.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:43 AM

JUST ONE COMMENT, THE LINK TO THE USER MANUAL DOC MUST BE MISTAKING BECAUSE ANYTIME I PRESSED IT, TAKES ME TO THE GEODYNE I SERVICE MANUAL.

Sorry for that. The link has been corrected.

#8 larry711

larry711
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:26 AM

I'm in need of Power Tech 3 information. I bought a used unit an don't know how much stereo, bridged, mono power it has at any ohms.... I saw the 3.1 pdf file, but am not sure if the amps are identical in out put.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!!

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(larry711 @ Oct 8 2005, 09:26 AM)
I'm in need of Power Tech 3 information. I bought a used unit an don't know how much stereo, bridged, mono power it has at any ohms.... I saw the 3.1 pdf file, but am not sure if the amps are identical in out put.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!!
View Post

The PT3.1 and the PT 3 were the same amplifier circuitry wise and spec wise. The only difference was the 3.1 had a newer face plate and it came with XLR input connectors as well as 1/4" TRS connectors. The earlier (non- .1) PT amplifiers came standard with  1/4" TRS input connectors only.