• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Gale

Adam Gale
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hi Guys

Wanting to purchase 2x JBL SRX718S subwoofers. I currently have a Crown XTI 4002 but from what I have seen is that this won't be perfectly ideal to drive 2 of these subs. Would the XTI 6002 be a good match for these subs, does anyone currently use this configuration?

If so would it sound best running the amp in bridge/mono. I would be using it every weekend, would it be safe to run it like this on a regular basis? I would preferably like to just use 1 amp because having 1 per sub is obviously more time consuming to set up and more to carry.

Are there any amps in the same price range of the XTI 6002 that would work better on these subs?

Thanks

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE(Adam Gale @ Mar 5 2012, 02:00 AM) View Post
Hi Guys

Wanting to purchase 2x JBL SRX718S subwoofers. I currently have a Crown XTI 4002 but from what I have seen is that this won't be perfectly ideal to drive 2 of these subs. Would the XTI 6002 be a good match for these subs, does anyone currently use this configuration?

If so would it sound best running the amp in bridge/mono. I would be using it every weekend, would it be safe to run it like this on a regular basis? I would preferably like to just use 1 amp because having 1 per sub is obviously more time consuming to set up and more to carry.

Are there any amps in the same price range of the XTI 6002 that would work better on these subs?

Thanks
The XTI family are not recommended for sub duty, they can work, but they will not give the best sound, plus they might go into thermal.

For about the same price you can get a used iTech, any of the range (4000, 6000, 8000) will do a much better job at that.

I wouldn't dare a bridge mono @4 ohms on the XTI but the iTechs don't mind.

#3 Adam Gale

Adam Gale
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(dakos @ Mar 5 2012, 09:12 AM) View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks
The XTI family are not recommended for sub duty, they can work, but they will not give the best sound, plus they might go into thermal.

For about the same price you can get a used iTech, any of the range (4000, 6000, 8000) will do a much better job at that.

Thanks Dakos, I've been looking at the IT5000HD, that should work great hey? I'm from South Africa and they cost a small fortune here and are very hard to come by second hand. Seeing as though they have a global power supply I should be able to import one and it will work just fine with our power hey?

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Adam Gale @ Mar 5 2012, 12:52 PM) View Post
QUOTE(dakos @ Mar 5 2012, 09:12 AM) View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks

Thanks Dakos, I've been looking at the IT5000HD, that should work great hey? I'm from South Africa and they cost a small fortune here and are very hard to come by second hand. Seeing as though they have a global power supply I should be able to import one and it will work just fine with our power hey?
Yes and yes, you can import them and they will work just fine and the 5000HD will be great although I would go one step higher.